Modding help

ebx

Hey everyone.

Ever since I first played Oblivion I hated the melee combat, and opted for archery instead. I had a two year break from oblivion and now I'm back into it and am still unsatisfied with the melee. I want to change it, and make it the way I'd like it to be. The only problem is I don't know how, and that's why I'm posting here.

First change I want to make is to include a basic kick attack that burns a small amount of fatigue, does minimal damage, and staggers an opponent - the same thing that happens when you power attack a foe and it steps back.

Second change will be another new attack with a shield - a shield bash. This will drain some fatigue from the enemy and will have the same effect as the kick, but if the enemy's fatigue is below 25% it will knock them down (like the Expert marksman perk).

Third change I want to make is to make 2 handers, especially the swords, a lot faster. The slow, sweeping swings of the 2h sword in oblivion really grates on me to the point where I can't use the weapon. With a 2h you can put your whole body into the swing, and have a large handle to manipulate the directions of the swing quickly. Weapons were also much lighter in real life than they are in oblivion and wouldn't be slow and sweeping at all...

To wrap it up, I need to know how to:

1. Add new attacks (which are available to players initially, and maybe AI later)

2. Bind these new attacks to a keyboard shortcut (preferably a user specified key)

3. Change weapon attack speeds

4. Make my new attacks sap fatigue, stun and knockdown the target.

Thanks in advance to all who read this post and help me with this, though I'll likely thank you again anyway should you reply.

UV is just what you're looking for

As for the two hander speed. You can probably edit that easily in the CS

Oh, and I have to beg to differ on weaponry being a lighter weight in real life, especially two handed weaponry. I actually think Oblivion has them swinging too fast, or at least with regular attacks. Now the power attacks would seem a little realistic.

Thanks guys, I think I might just use UV.

Edit: But lonewolf_kai a medieval claymore was only 2.5kg. Not heavy at all. Also, looking at the Deadly Reflex video this is exactly what I want.

Thanks guys, I think I might just use UV.

Edit: But lonewolf_kai a medieval claymore was only 2.5kg. Not heavy at all. Also, looking at the Deadly Reflex video this is exactly what I want.

ahh you're right. I just looked up claymores and they were only 5 lbs. I always thought they were like 20 lbs or something. I was also thinking mainly on the lines of Zweihanders too. They get a little heavier, but still they are only like 16 lbs.

Anyways, Deadly Reflex and UV should be compatiable with each other.