Windows Vista & Oblivon

Killamatics

@Biblost: Using GOTY, you can install Oblivion without SI. However, the latest patch is part of the SI install and is not on the Oblivion install. So if he has installed Oblivion and not SI, the latest patch is not installed. If he installed Oblivion AND SI, then the latest patch is automatically installed.

Go here to see if your computer can run the game

You will find Oblivion listed as 'The Elder Scrolls IV, Oblivion

Fallout3 as Fallout3 PC

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

Did it ever work?

Did you install any mods before starting for the first time (not a good idea)

Did you install in the default location? or a custom location?

Are you running as an administrator?

Did you install the SI or just the Oblivion disk?

What version? Steam? D2D? DVD? Pirate? (if pirate please just go away. We do not support people who do not support the game makers)

Ok so it did work at 1 time yes but once i got past the prison it gave me the problem i havin now so i just quit for about 6 months so now i try again an it wont even start up except for the launcher.

No i did not install ANY mods prior to playing this except on my first try 6 months ago but there long gone now.

A Custom location because i was reading fourms and someone said the deefault folder blocks mods and i was planing on downloading some later.

Yes im running as admin.

I Installed everything on the disk it came with.(3 Disks)

Straight from the box from EB Games (Gamestops)

i tryed your link and it just froze the screen and the window down.

If you had the game installed on that computer at one time, and just used the uninstall on the disk to remove it, or just deleted the folder. Then it probably left some stuff behind in the Windows Registry. My complete uninstall/reinstall can find and remove those entries and allow the game to work again. Users have had a very high rate of success with this.

Here is a link to my complete uninstall/reinstall procedure located in the articles section of the Nexus

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=240

If you had the game installed on that computer at one time, and just used the uninstall on the disk to remove it, or just deleted the folder. Then it probably left some stuff behind in the Windows Registry. My complete uninstall/reinstall can find and remove those entries and allow the game to work again. Users have had a very high rate of success with this.

Here is a link to my complete uninstall/reinstall procedure located in the articles section of the Nexus

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=240

Well i know its all the files are gone becasue my hardrive got wiped out but if i could talk a few screenshots to show you i would but do u know who to do that so you could help me more if u saw my problem?

You never did tell us what card you were using in the first place mate. That info would have likely helped solve this a long time ago.

Basically, any modern chipset card will support Oblivion. But that doesn't mean go out and get the cheapest one you can because you will likely still get naff performance, especially on the higher settings.

Also, always bare in mind that whilst Oblivion is a rather aged game (well...sort of... 4 years) any game thats modded should be treat as new...

The rest of your system specs (RAM, Processor, mainboard) will likely help someone suggest a good compatible video card, personal suggestions would be anything that uses a recent chipset from the "big 2" - AMD or Nvidia. MSI (third party developer) do some great videocards that use very recent chipsets from both for around your price range. Their N9500s (older but very capable of supporting Vista/Oblivion) will set you back about $85 I think.

Good Luck.

Jenrai