[REQ]We like the ladies...we hate the armor

Modslave

While its absolutely non-lore friendly and completely purile....I find the mish mash of attempts to make female armor more....fantasy based, such as TNT Armory and A Little Leg...as mods, to be...well, largely...bad.

No offense to either at all, but TNT's retextures and model manips have been extremely low quality and illogical, and A Little Leg, while nice, has so many compatibility errors in regards to LOD maps and what not its just not worth using and even then...making the base armors try to fit a "sexy" ideal is probably the wrong way of going about it.

TNT on the other hand has gone completely 100% the other direction and have started to introduce simplistic custom models...which don't fit the atmosphere at all, much less the lore.

So with that in mind and looking at the work ChiZ has done, which has really been some of the best designed self contained retextures to date....I present the following:

http://members.cox.net/pr0/RedSonja3.jpg

Can we get there? I'd love to see it. And again no offense to Thor and Motseer and Firinneach, but the approach to making female armors more visually appealing on their end have really turned up less than professional results.

I haven't even begun to try to do modeling work in the DA atmosphere yet so I probably shouldn't disrespect their efforts, and in truth I'm not, I'm just finding that whats being presented isn't really of a quality I'd expect, not to mention the installation problems, compatibility errors and outright variants of texture quality to stock model quality...its really rather..eh.

You can find any amount of inspiration in the artistic works of Frazetta, Royo, R. A., to point towards areas of inspiration.

Just some thoughts.