New Game - Fresh Start - New Mods

MrKickassL33T

So, because I've had trouble with all the mods I install and I haven't got past Primm with all the errors I typically get; I've deleted ALL of my 156 mods and decided to ask the people of the Nexus Forums for you're mod packs (the mods you use) that are all compatible with each other. The following below mods do not have to work with you're mods as if the ones people post are good enough but not compatible with some of the below ones. If you guys have any personal mods you made and want me to test out with a new start game I'll gladly look at them!

I WILL be playing a Hard game on Hardcore so no mods that make the game harder damage wise please!

Mods I'll almost definitely be installing:

Project Nevada

Enhanced Visual Effects

MTUI

NMC's Texture Pack (Large [All 3 Parts])

Shiloh DS

(I'm keeping regular Pipboy 3000 unless there is a re-texture that is not Pipboy Readius <-- Dislike)

Continue After Ending

Zan Auto-Purge

Mod Configuration Menu

Project Weaponry (This is a maybe because I believe it can cause a few errors with other mods, please tell if you know anything)

A ENB of some sort (Recommendations please!)

NV Interiors

Mo' Monsters Mod

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this!

Thanks for reading and I hope everybody has a wonderful day/night!

Edited by MrKickassL33T

Pipboy 2500 is a really good Pipboy mod, the only non-3000 related Pipboy I'd recommend. Works with every other mod (unless, of course, that other mod modifies Pipboy files too.)

With regards to NMC's pack, I really hope you have a powerful PC: the large pack is seriously resource intensive.

These are some other mods that are I personally love. They all work well with the mods you've listed (dunno about Project Weaponry, however.)

Essential Visuals Enhanced

Weapon Mods Expanded

A World of Pain

Weapon Retexture Project

AG's Supplementary Uniques

Darnified UI

The Weapon Mod Menu

someguy2000's quest mods

Ojo Bueno or Poco Bueno

Wasteland Flora Overhaul

More Perks

Weapon Animation Replacer (Gopher's also uploaded a helpful FOMOD conversion file)

Fallout Character Overhaul

Mission Mojave

Yukichigai Unofficial Patch

Interior Lighting Overhaul

ELECTRO-CITY

Mojave Nights

Dynavision 3

One HUD

Unified HUD

Spice of Life

Wasteland Clothing Retexture

The Courier's Cache - Most of dragbody's mods are worth checking out, actually, but this one is particularly amusing.

RobCo Certified

Powered Power Armour - This one is no longer maintained, unfortunately, and has a few rather irritating conflicts with Project Nevada, and the patch to fix this isn't updated either. However, if you're good with FNVEdit and GECK, you can sort out the conflicts. Basically; treat with caution.

There are many other awesome mods, but can't really list them all at the moment. For ENBs, just peruse the section on the main site, and go for whatever looks good to you.

Pipboy 2500 is a really good Pipboy mod, the only non-3000 related Pipboy I'd recommend. Works with every other mod (unless, of course, that other mod modifies Pipboy files too.)

With regards to NMC's pack, I really hope you have a powerful PC: the large pack is seriously resource intensive.

These are some other mods that are I personally love. They all work well with the mods you've listed (dunno about Project Weaponry, however.)

Essential Visuals Enhanced

Weapon Mods Expanded

A World of Pain

Weapon Retexture Project

AG's Supplementary Uniques

Darnified UI

The Weapon Mod Menu

someguy2000's quest mods

Ojo Bueno or Poco Bueno

Wasteland Flora Overhaul

More Perks

Weapon Animation Replacer (Gopher's also uploaded a helpful FOMOD conversion file)

Fallout Character Overhaul

Mission Mojave

Yukichigai Unofficial Patch

Interior Lighting Overhaul

ELECTRO-CITY

Mojave Nights

Dynavision 3

One HUD

Unified HUD

Spice of Life

Wasteland Clothing Retexture

The Courier's Cache - Most of dragbody's mods are worth checking out, actually, but this one is particularly amusing.

RobCo Certified

Powered Power Armour - This one is no longer maintained, unfortunately, and has a few rather irritating conflicts with Project Nevada, and the patch to fix this isn't updated either. However, if you're good with FNVEdit and GECK, you can sort out the conflicts. Basically; treat with caution.

There are many other awesome mods, but can't really list them all at the moment. For ENBs, just peruse the section on the main site, and go for whatever looks good to you.

Hey there Teratoid! Thanks for commenting on my question about GECK last time! Also thanks for posting here, regarding NMC's Texture Pack; I have used it before and some how I didn't lag at all on my crappy laptop. But the Poco Bueno and Ojo Bueno look rather good, I know that they aren't compatible with NMC but I think I'll give Ojo Bueno a try. I'll definitely be installing some/most if not all of those mods you have listed. Also, do you know if MTUI works with DarNified UI hud? I used Darnified in Fallout 3 before and liked it very much but I also love MTUI. Most of the mods you listed I had already tried but some I hadn't seen and I appreciate you taking your time to post here! Have a wonderful day/night!

You're welcome :happy:

It's true, Ojo/Poco Bueno conflict with NMC's textures. But NMC's pack is far more comprehensive, and modifies nearly ALL environment textures: tapioks' textures are less expansive, but equally good (better, in some cases) in terms of quality. So I install NMC first, and then overwrite it with Bueno textures. You get the best of both worlds that way. I'd also recommend Ewi's Rocks.

MTUI is NOT compatible with DarnUI. They modify the same files. If MTUI installed over DarnUI messes up the HUD completely. Further, MTUI is rather outdated now, so I'd recommend avoiding it in general. However, DarnUI contains modifications very similar to MTUI; the dialogue and game settings menus are not quite as large, but the overall UI enhancement is far superior, IMO.

You're welcome :happy:

It's true, Ojo/Poco Bueno conflict with NMC's textures. But NMC's pack is far more comprehensive, and modifies nearly ALL environment textures: tapioks' textures are less expansive, but equally good (better, in some cases) in terms of quality. So I install NMC first, and then overwrite it with Bueno textures. You get the best of both worlds that way. I'd also recommend Ewi's Rocks.

MTUI is NOT compatible with DarnUI. They modify the same files. If MTUI installed over DarnUI messes up the HUD completely. Further, MTUI is rather outdated now, so I'd recommend avoiding it in general. However, DarnUI contains modifications very similar to MTUI; the dialogue and game settings menus are not quite as large, but the overall UI enhancement is far superior, IMO.

Yep I took a look at everything got a really good setup minus my problem here: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1984974-no-compass/

(Gopher is a wonderful person!)

I used MTUI first then DarnUI and all MTUI had left was the black region on the back of the text gone on loading screens but I still uninstalled it. It may have caused the problem above but I'm not sure, I'll have to play around a bit. As for EWI's Rocks; Thanks! I'll definitely be installing that.

As for everything else, I downloaded all mods suggested (you reminded me of a few I would have forgotten about so thanks again!) I also got FCO + Fallout NV Redesigned 2 and it made my game look incredible. I used Poco Bueno first because I get scared when it comes to "Download Manually" because it has screwed me up in the past. I'll give Ojo Bueno a try though.

[P.S. Do you know if and of the New Vegas Uncut mods would conflict with any of the above mods?]

Thanks and have a great day/night!

I doubt there's conflict between NV Uncut and any of those mods, beyond perhaps altering race/face records here and there (for example, FCO's Rotface would be overwritten by the NVUncut's Rotface, but this would be a purely aesthetic conflict, not a game-breaking one. And it can be fixed with a merged patch). Mission Mojave Plus actually incorporates four of the uncut mods, so you don't have to install those independently.

Hope the compass problem was fixed!

I doubt there's conflict between NV Uncut and any of those mods, beyond perhaps altering race/face records here and there (for example, FCO's Rotface would be overwritten by the NVUncut's Rotface, but this would be a purely aesthetic conflict, not a game-breaking one. And it can be fixed with a merged patch). Mission Mojave Plus actually incorporates four of the uncut mods, so you don't have to install those independently.

Hope the compass problem was fixed!

It did get fixed actually!

I said:

You sir, are a saint! I appreciate all the help you have given me.

P.S. I'll try it out in sec, just realized I had v02 rather than v4.

Edit: Tested it, fixed. Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for all the help you've given me before!

Hey,

Personally FOOK with convergence/compatibilities with Project Nevada, WMX, WME, AWOP, & EVE really enhances the game experience in my humble opinion. All are excellent mods (voice acting with AWOP would have been better, but it is still an excellent mod). Getting them all to work can be a little tricky, but if a nob like me can get them to work, anyone can. HUD mods by Gopher are also excellent.

Good luck