Stuck on Tattoos

360Sagacious

You can put your tattooed body texture in a folder of your own in the armor folder.

Then use a armor suit with no shirt, or short sleeves, from another mod, depending on your tattoos location, and direct the texture path to your texture using Nifskpope.

Then use GECK to make this into an item of armor.

Then, using GECK, put it in a container in the world space and your character can pick it up and use it.You won't need the container if you use the mod you are modifying.

If you do use the mod that you get your base from use it's esp in GECK.

Make a custom race. You can start by copying a vanilla race. Look in the object window of the GECK under actor data. Copy one and save it as Tattoo Race or some other name that you like. Change the skin textures for that race to your custom .dds skin texture files with the tattoos. Save an .esp mod file with your new race. Call it something memorable like TattRattRace.esp. Put your new TattRattRace.esp in your game load order.

Create a new character with that race or use a console command to change your existing character to that race. [ Is that command TRST? I forget.]

Since only the TattRattRace will have tattoos and your character is the only member of that race in your game then only he will have tattoos.

And he can still wear armor instead of a tattoo shirt.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/images/1103832-1244322338.jpg

BP - Now why didn't I think of that. Much better idea. Must be because I was focused trying to get an armor using a different body texture like I used to do in Oblivion.

If you are still there BP maybe you can save me starting a new thread.

It was so easy with Oblivion. I could use one of Growlf's armors just by naming the NiTri Strips and MaterialPropertiy in NifSkope to suit.

For example - To use Growlf's Touching hands on the Yellow Champion I only needed to Call the lower body - 'greaves', and the materialproperties - 'material' - and I would get the Growlf body texture instead of my default 'Exnem'.

I have tried all sorts of NifSkope combos with FO3, but it refuses to be 'tricked' into seeing the body as armor/clothing (when using a different body type), so I get stuck with the 'default' body texture.

I have 'BABE' in at the moment, but wanted a to use few EXNEM, and other outfits on some of the NPC's as well.

I have just looked at a few thread here and there that lead me to believe this is not so easily done in FO3.

Awesome thanks. But with the new race added can I still have the face I have presently as it turned out so nice?

Are you talking about the character you created at the start of the game ? If so yes. Do the steps mentioned by BP.

His console command will bring you to the character creation screen. I am not sure about FO3, but with

Oblivion you had to save before you clicked 'done' or you lost your stats. So I would suggest you try that.

Also, back up your most recent save, or just make another in the same spot, so you can roll back if something goes wrong.

GECK has various import options as well. You may also want to find a GECK tutorial to help you along.