Questions about the player character

Lehcar

I'm fairly sure that David Gaider said Morrigan was in her twenties...

I know that, and because of this toolset information seems plain wrong. I am agree with the 30 years Morrigan sins I have always found her closest to her 30 than to 20, so just a personal opinion here.

There is a 10 year difference between the game and the books (ST, TC). So two options arise:

Either the book is wrong and the game is right

or

The game has massive typos and the book is right

So we are stuck with two options, which one is right?

TerraEx- no problem. :wink:

Yeah, there's some interesting info hidden away that you can find in the toolset.

I think, that I'd rather base it off of what Gaider wrote in the books. As it's HIS brainchild, HIS creation, HIS imagination that is the base of it all. The way I figure it, the stuff in the game is the input of "too many chefs in the kitchen". Its like in the movies that get based off books.... something always gets changed because somebody else thinks they have a better idea.

And many of us know just how good EAgames ideas are. :verymad:

As far as who is and isn't "chaste". For the PC themselves, I would think that would be up to the player playing the character. I KNOW that Oghren, Sten, and Zev are not. Along with Cailen, Anora, and Loghain. The first two.... Marriage. Oghren was married, and I believe that Sten still is, as there's some hard to unlock dialog about his kids. But if he has kids, then obviously...he's not.

Zev.... well, he grew up in a cathouse, and he makes too many references to some of his marks, that he's slept with. Same with Cailen, Anora and Loghain. Marriage. Plus, Cailen "...had his women on the side" as Anora put it.

Alistair- possibly. Have not seen anything to confirm or deny. Personally, my opinion is that he is.

Wynn- probably not. Again, just personal opinion. But seriously, a 55 year old virgin?

Morrigan- no. she's made references about her sexual "appetites".

Dog- who cares? LOL

Shale- she doesnt remember, and probably doesnt care.

when she was a dwarf, probably not...dwarves arent that reserved about their sexual habits. In her new body, yes

Of the Awakening characters, I would say that Zigrun is probably the only one that has a chance of it. But then again, as I said, dwarves dont have any real reservations about their sexuality. Other than actual Breeding, between casted and casteless.

Anders- no. He likes female companionship, and he makes remarks about not getting caught at it, in the tower.

Howe- not likely. He's worldly, and a noble. He's definitely had his chances to lose his cherry.

Velanna (or whatever her name is) probably not. She's too old not to have been chased around the tree once or twice.

Justice- spirit form, yes. the mortal body he's in....married... no.

As far as who is and isn't "chaste". For the PC themselves, I would think that would be up to the player playing the character. I KNOW that Oghren, Sten, and Zev are not. Along with Cailen, Anora, and Loghain. The first two.... Marriage. Oghren was married, and I believe that Sten still is, as there's some hard to unlock dialog about his kids. But if he has kids, then obviously...he's not.

Zev.... well, he grew up in a cathouse, and he makes too many references to some of his marks, that he's slept with. Same with Cailen, Anora and Loghain. Marriage. Plus, Cailen "...had his women on the side" as Anora put it.

Alistair- possibly. Have not seen anything to confirm or deny. Personally, my opinion is that he is.

Wynn- probably not. Again, just personal opinion. But seriously, a 55 year old virgin?

Morrigan- no. she's made references about her sexual "appetites".

Dog- who cares? LOL

Shale- she doesnt remember, and probably doesnt care.

when she was a dwarf, probably not...dwarves arent that reserved about their sexual habits. In her new body, yes

Wynne: "I know more about love's enchantment and its perils than I care to tell, but perhaps this is one lesson that cannot be taught."

Leads us to believe that she's had her time with someone and possibly even bore children.

Alistair, most definitely. His dialogue shows him as way too nervous and bashful not to be holding his v-card still.

Dog? My dog's been humping every nug, stump, and dwarf he finds. If only it was as easy to break a Mabari...

Shale? She flirts with me in her own ways. There's no way she's not seasoned.

And there's no way Leliana could still be a virgin. Considering her old life, I am more than sure she's had to lay it all on the line for the sake of a job.

Aff, I forgot about Leli. Yeah, I agree, more than likely her former life had her in bed with a few marks also.

LOL my dog could hump as many dwarves as he wants. If only I could yell "Sick him!" while I was talking to Bhelen's flunky in Orzammar. Gawd I hate that stuck up bastich.

Actually, a certain conversation reveals the fact that Alistair is indeed a virgin at the beginning of the story.

Wynne on the other hand is not, one of the conversations you can have with her, she straight up tells you that she sought "companionship" with the other mages when she was younger, and even had a child with one of them.

Actually, a certain conversation reveals the fact that Alistair is indeed a virgin at the beginning of the story.

Wynne on the other hand is not, one of the conversations you can have with her, she straight up tells you that she sought "companionship" with the other mages when she was younger, and even had a child with one of them.

I was looking for that very line for wynne earlier but I didn't come across it. Thanks Lehcar.

There is a 10 year difference between the game and the books (ST, TC). So two options arise:

Either the book is wrong and the game is right

or

The game has massive typos and the book is right

So we are stuck with two options, which one is right?

IMHO no one is right. It just two slightly parallel timlines like the one you create every time when creating a NON male human noble PC that have a romance with Morrigan.

My idea is that PC simply cant be 30 and that it age variable because ether there is something wrong with the games world but no one, even in real modern world will call a 30 years old man/woman "child" constantly by different people(I am 27 and no one seems to call me even "young" anymore) while the said "child' called some one who is no more that 40-45 "old man". Books or no books-this is so unnatural that I will prefer to stay with the game here. And 30 years protagonist in an RPG game with the 20+ target audience? So big no-no here.

David Gaider said on the Bioware Forums, that Alistair's age is 20 when you first meet him and that Morrigan is in her 20+. HE said it himself without any pressure. This is too a game typo and EA hand? Its the world creators own words. Should I not believe it?

As a loong time WarCraft fan- I know that there is a thing like retcons in its every book time flow differently and we simply do not care anymore. Ewen writers themselves could forgot what time is it and just stop trying to cut the lose ends as no one except die hard lore fans would be concerned. Not a big deal=).

I have to say that everyone except Wynne seems to be in their equivalents of 20's, with maybe Oghren being in his 30's. I say equivalent because it is not revealed if any race other than elves ages any differently than humans, so for all we know, Sten could be in his second century, and Oghren could very well be a millenium old. Now if the books shed some light on the age variances according to race that may be different, but again I am just for convenience sake saying that they are equivalent to X.