Invisible barriers. ..

Pauliester

Im making my vault mod and occasionally I run into these invisible barriers. I can't run through them and if I shoot I can tell it's there because the bullet stops at nothing which I assume is the invisible barrier. It's very aggervating and some help would be nice. Thanks!

Did you start your vault mod by copying the interior cells of an existing vault?

Have you toggled the GECK view that allows you to see "invisible" objects like barriers and markers? If you can find them in the GECK then you can move them out of the way.

Did you start your vault mod by copying the interior cells of an existing vault?

Have you toggled the GECK view that allows you to see "invisible" objects like barriers and markers? If you can find them in the GECK then you can move them out of the way.

Yes I duplicated the cell of Vault 101 entrance. No I haven't done the invisible things yet. Thanks for the help I'll try it out right away.

Im making my vault mod and occasionally I run into these invisible barriers. I can't run through them and if I shoot I can tell it's there because the bullet stops at nothing which I assume is the invisible barrier. It's very aggervating and some help would be nice. Thanks!

What you meet there is a collision marker. Make it visible via visible settings for markers. Now you can see blue or black boxes. Delete them. You can also see them in your object cell view. Just sort them by function.

Where do I go to toggle the invisible stuff. I can't find it :\

The M key toggles visible/hidden. I think that visible is default. You may just need to become familiar with which semi-transparent colored block does what.

Standard operation procedure is not to delete such items but rather to move them where they are no longer in the way. I often lower them well below floor level. Not deleting items is less likely to create conflicts in mods. A program call to an item that is marked as deleted is a potential crash to desktop.

Where do I go to toggle the invisible stuff. I can't find it :\

The M key toggles visible/hidden. I think that visible is default. You may just need to become familiar with which semi-transparent colored block does what.

Standard operation procedure is not to delete such items but rather to move them where they are no longer in the way. I often lower them well below floor level. Not deleting items is less likely to create conflicts in mods. A program call to an item that is marked as deleted is a potential crash to desktop.

Okay after looking for the colored boxes I didn't see anything. It didn't look any different from any thing else. I'm really confused and I'm wondering if I just highlight my whole cell and drag it to a different area if that will work, too.