Name Changing

MizunoTakarai

I have a really small and probably stupid request I haven't made in its appropriate section just because it's probably so damn easy it's not even worth calling it a mod. You know there are a bunch of mods aimed to change the names of certain items in the game... the thing is I'd like to change a couple of names and, since I've no idea how, I'd be really thankful if someone could enlighten me on the easiest and most dummy-friendly way to do it myself. As usual, thanks in advance.

For the record, the changes I want to make are:

Rad-X to Potassium Iodide

Rad Away to Bisphosphonate

Both are currently experimental treatments used to prevent and reduce the effects of radiation exposure respectively.

Download the Garden of Eden Creation Kit if you have not done so already. Start a new mod plug-in.

After loading Data from the Fallout3.esm master file, look at the Object Window of the GECK. Expand the sub-directories for Game Effects. Expand Ingestible. Expand Clutter. Click Health. You should see a short list of items to the right that include Radaway and RadX. Right click on one of them and select Edit. Leave the ID alone but change the Name. For instance, ID RadAway, Name Bisphosphonate. This will rename all RadAway in the game. Click OK. Do the same thing for Rad-X.

Now save your plug-in with a unique name like RadiationTreatments.esp and enable it as a datafile.