Latest patch (1.2.0416) won't install

Xenobuzz

Hey all,

A friend of mine bought me the GOTY edition with Shivering Isles and Knight of the Nine. It plays great so far,still exploring the dungeon and learning how to do simple things like drop stuff!

Yesterday I downloaded what I believe is the latest patch (ShiveringIsles_v1.2.0416English) from Bethesda.

However, when I attempt to run it, it stops almost immediately, and I get this message:

"Old file not found, However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match."

I know for a fact I haven't installed any beta patches. I Googled this error message but couldn't find anything situations that matched mine. However, it seems to be a fairly common problem.

This is a legit copy of the game without mods that I just installed yesterday (PC DVD-ROM 2-disc package). I couldn't find any posts about this issue.

Dave S.

• 8 months later...
I have been trying to get some mods to work and they require the 1.2.416 patch to work, however, when I tried to update, it came up with the same error message a lot of other people have been getting. So I uninstalled Oblivion completely along with the expansion packs and then ran the patch again; same error message. I REALLY want these mods to work but the damn patch won't let me install it properly.

There are TWO V. 1.2.0416 patches. One is Oblivion only without Shivering isles. The other is Oblivion WITH Shivering Isles. For some reason, Beth made them incompatible - If you have already installed the Oblivion Only Patch, the Shivering Isles version won't install.

The solution is to uninstall the entire game and reinstall it - and ONLY install one patch - If you have SI, be absolutely sure to NOT install the Oblivion only patch. Install Oblivion. Then SI, then the Oblivion/SI patch. All of the DLCs can be treated as mods and installed AFTER patching.

BTW, Beth's marketing department seems to have gotten control of the support site. They have hidden the patches forcing any access to go through the Skyrim propaganda unless you know the right page already. I finally found them on a page with a bunch of unrelated downloads (trailers for other games etc) And the page LOOKS like it is a Fallout: NV page. It actually has the Oblivion Patches too :rolleyes: Thanks for the confusion Beth. :wallbash: I still have not found the CS download though.

I've tried everything to try and get this damn patch to install properly. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game many times now, i've tried installing the patch immediately after installing the game to make sure there were no conflicts with anything i'd done to it; no dice. i tried the Shivering Isles patch, same again. i've even tried finding an older patch so i could gradually make my way up to the newest one but even that didn't work. what the hell am i doing wrong here??? and occasionally when I try to use the OBSE it says 'you are running oblivion 1.(can't remember what version it said). you should update to 1.2.416'