Make traveling NPC essential while on the roads

Irv1n3

Hi there, I don't really like the fact that traveling NPC can (and often will) die, killed by some random bears or so.

It results less people on the cities and less friendly encounters on the roads, so this situation is not really the best.

Ideally, I would like that NPC get the essential tag when they are traveling but lose it when they return to their humdrum life.

The list is here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Traveling_People

I've tried myself to work on it but I'm afraid my low level on scripting prevents me to succeed.

For exemple, I've started with the first NPC of the list, Alessia Ottus with the following script:

scn TE01_AlessiaOttus

begin OnPackageStart AlessiaOttusVisitSkingrad
SetEssential AlessiaOttus 1
end

begin OnPackageEnd AlessiaOttusVisitSkingrad
SetEssential AlessiaOttus 0
end

But the script doesn't save so there should be something wrong, and I don't know if it would actually do what I want.

I will be glad to be helped about it, so I could also understand a little better the whole scripting process!

If in the end the task is too complex, I think I will just set the wanted NPC essential one for once... (this is something I can do easily :tongue:)

Thanks, but it should not be the only issue since it still doesn't work with another script name :p

I think I will start with a "always essential" mod, it will be easier and suits my wanted needs.