I don't think my wryebash is working?

tawney

I'm trying to set which mods effect which save games but it doesn't work. I click on the save game and below the picture it shows a list of mods. I uncheck the ones I don't want it to use and then save but it doesn't work ingame. What am I doing wrong?

I'm trying to set which mods effect which save games but it doesn't work. I click on the save game and below the picture it shows a list of mods. I uncheck the ones I don't want it to use and then save but it doesn't work ingame. What am I doing wrong?

Because you can't do it that way if I understand what you're saying correctly. With the main Wrye Bash window open showing the list of your mods you can check or uncheck them there. Doing it under the Saves tab will make changes you don't necessarily want and could damage the save game if you don't know which mods should be unchecked and the Master's they depend on.

You may be better off using OBMM for setting load order and which mods to use. It's easier and you can view which mods affect each save by going to the Utilities tab, then Save manager Click the save you want and then Synch Active Plugins.

Because you can't do it that way if I understand what you're saying correctly. With the main Wrye Bash window open showing the list of your mods you can check or uncheck them there. Doing it under the Saves tab will make changes you don't necessarily want and could damage the save game if you don't know which mods should be unchecked and the Master's they depend on.

You may be better off using OBMM for setting load order and which mods to use. It's easier and you can view which mods affect each save by going to the Utilities tab, then Save manager Click the save you want and then Synch Active Plugins.

When I use the OBMM and synch active plugins with the desired save, it affects all my other saves too. I just want certain saves to include mods and other saves to not use them. But I don't want it to actually deactivate the mods in the launcher. Since I have so many mods it gets irritating having to deactivate at least 10-15 each time I decide to play a game I don't want them in. I just want to disable their use in some saves only, without constantly needing to refer to the launcher or OBMM. Someone said this was possible by using wrye bash. :unsure:

Wrye Bash automatically associates the plugins that were active with the most current save in a save profile to that profile. When you switch profiles it tries to load the mods that were last active. There is not a special step to take.

Edit: Play with a certain group of mods with Profile A. Switch to Profile B, (de)activate the plugins you want, launch the game, and save. Load Profile A in Wrye Bash, and Wrye Bash will (de)activate the plugins to match what you had loaded with Profile A. The same would apply when you switch from A to B. The only complication arises when you use the bashed patch and have different mods bashed. In that case, you just have to make multiple bashed patches (i.e., "bashed patch, 0.esp" and "bashed patch, 1.esp".) The bashed patch is a normal plugin, as far as save syncing goes, so switching profiles will activate the right bashed patch as well, once it has been associated with one or the other.