Character generation

NerdyRage

Alright so I reinstalled my game today after about 2 months of not playing...I got the latest patch and patched it.

When I try to make a character and select it's background the character disappears. I need help, I really wanna play. :<

Installed Mods:

More Hairstyles

Natural Bodies

Better sex scenes

Uninstall it again, use google to look for patch 1.02a or 1.02b if non-english, and only patch it up to there. The 1.03 patch is only needed when you are going to play the expansion awakenings, and from all accounts so far from everyone who has played it, is still at the beta stage of developement. (Also known as buggy as all heck) The 1.03 patch seems to kill mods and the chargen screen alike.

Uninstall it again, use google to look for patch 1.02a or 1.02b if non-english, and only patch it up to there. The 1.03 patch is only needed when you are going to play the expansion awakenings, and from all accounts so far from everyone who has played it, is still at the beta stage of developement. (Also known as buggy as all heck) The 1.03 patch seems to kill mods and the chargen screen alike.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, Thanks dood. o:

Not a problem, though I honestly wish there were a better solution to it. The 1.03 patch fell really flat IMO, promising better load times, and less bugs, then delivered same old load lag and even more bugs than before.

Thank goodness someone cleared that up. Here I am Awakening-less, patch 1.03 running all my saved games just as fine as you please, and go to create new character in order to copy the binary code into the toolset to change my character's appearance and BOOM! No character model. Just as an aside too (I posted a topic about this not three threads above) the character creator doesn't load characters into the 1.3 patch either, it just crashes. I took your advice and found me a 1.2 patch (because without it the Pocket Plane and Rashanta's Armory wouldn't work; and I've got TONS of crap stored in that pocket plane). Like an idiot, though, I downloaded the feastday gifts not knowing that they require the 1.3 patch to work...wasted points! Anyway, reinstalling now and patching up to 1.2...may even start a new game to celebrate. Love my character but I wasn't sure of the moral direction she was going. I just DREAD doing that stupid Sloth Demon fade plane quest again. What a pain in the arse! Again, thanks for this info.