DW Rogue+2 daggers vs. DW Rogue+two long swords...

SpellAndShield

So many people say that dual wielding two full sized weapons is just for fighters...I kind of agree; daggers are faster, have a higher crit chance and better armour penetration rate but still, nothing beat the aesthetic of say, wearing Storm Chaser armour and dual wielding two orlesian long swords,

I have tried some experiments; using the Winter Forge to put improved attack speed on all my equipment and then using two momentum runes+ dw momentum but daggers just seem to be faster no matter what.

I guess I no Dragon Age expert but what is the general expert opinion here on DW rogue+daggers vs. DW rogue+two long swords?

I like doing the best of both worlds myself, though I have to wait until I master DW so that I can put the sword in my offhand, and still have the mainhand of stabbity stab stab doom coming in all the time. The extra damage of the offhand sword negates some of the lowering of damage that DW has added, and after all, who doesn't wanna look like they are a southpaw so that they can surprise the heck out of enemies. As a game mechanic standpoint, the daggers probably do slightly more damage as they take a bit of strength and a bit of cunning to add to their damage, but then the offhand dagger also loses some overall damage just being there. I would love a more mechanical point of view if possible, but until that time I will stick with my Dagger and Sword combo for looks and fun.

I like doing the best of both worlds myself, though I have to wait until I master DW so that I can put the sword in my offhand, and still have the mainhand of stabbity stab stab doom coming in all the time. The extra damage of the offhand sword negates some of the lowering of damage that DW has added, and after all, who doesn't wanna look like they are a southpaw so that they can surprise the heck out of enemies. As a game mechanic standpoint, the daggers probably do slightly more damage as they take a bit of strength and a bit of cunning to add to their damage, but then the offhand dagger also loses some overall damage just being there. I would love a more mechanical point of view if possible, but until that time I will stick with my Dagger and Sword combo for looks and fun.

Aesthetically either dual daggers or swords looks best, provided they are the same kind...I am into aesthetics.

Maybe some person with more expertise can do a mechanical analysis....

aesthetically speaking... it depends on the types of weapons. For example... try flourentine with two grey warden swords. You end up looking like a complete IDIOT, because the animations are set up wrong. I have several screenshots of stabbing myself thru the chest, and even worse...thu the HEAD.