Black screen freeze, with some weirdness.

TheUsualUser

I posted this in the regular troubleshooting section, but no takers yet. Maybe you can help.

So, I'm running an assload of mods. Like, just all of them. I'm up to about 240. I was running the full complement (254) but something broke and I had to redo some of them, and scrapped a few.

I'm up to 236 that work fairly well together (by that i mean that I can at least get into the game while they are running). If I add anything (ANYTHING) at all, it will start giving me the black screen freeze at the main menu, where you can hear the music, but can't do anything else. I do mean anything. I can't even activate a bashed patch or it will freeze (and as far as I know that shouldn't happen with a bashed patch). What do you all need to assist me further in this? As I've stated before, I was running the max before and they all worked for quite some time, so I don't think it's a hardware or software (outside of new vegas and mods I mean) issue. Ideas?

I'd appreciate any help you can give me, I have s*** to do this weekend and I can't afford to be locked in a padded room, but I'm quickly heading that way.

Okay, so I lied. I tried to go into the game again, and it turns out that everything's messed. I don't have textures, Doc is a big red exclamation mark, I am a child so I can't use the chemistry set (according to the game) and all my motions are delayed and over-exaggerated. If I hit the button to go forward it waits a second, then I run all the way across the room. Help?

"Red ! triangles, textures go crazy, buttons stop working? You probably have plugin overload."

Here's the gist of it:

Running 140 or more plugins will always FUBAR your game!

Usually it's even less. Play it safe, try to max out in the low 120s.

Now you say, "I don't want to give up this mod or that mod."

What if I were to tell you, "You don't have to give up any mod?"

Merge Plugins xEdit Script