Taking suggestions on assassin-like armors/weapons

lonewolfkai

I am taking suggestions on assassin-like armors/weapons for the WIP Stealth Wars mod I amd currently working on. I'd prefer that the armor suggestions are of other colors than black. I've got 4 or 5 black colored sets already and I am in need of a variety in color and style. Armors will be mostly for males, but also for a few females.

I'm also taking suggestions on weapons, mainly blade, one hand, two handed, offhand, and daggers. I'd like to get a few with some sort of magical effect on the blade such as Jojjo's Frostmourne, but not necessarily flames only.

Thanks for the ideas.

I think the fantasy game world is a bit out of touch. In real life I can think of two ways an assassin might dress:

(1) Street clothes. The assassin would want to dress just like everyone else and blend in with the crowd. If you are in the court of a noble, you wear silk and velvet and brocade. If you are in an army camp, you dress like a soldier. If you are in a town full of paupers, you dress like a beggar. This would be a highly effective way for an assassin to dress.

(2) Night clothes. You wear black to hide in the night and blend in with the shadows. This has the disadvantage of making you look really suspicious if anyone happens to see you. If you are an assassin and you make a hit, you change back into your street clothes before going to the tavern to have a drink and unwind. Someone might call the guards if you go to the tavern in your night clothes.

So I guess I really don't have any clothing suggestions for you unless you are willing to make more black-colored sets.

With weapons, I don't really like the glowing magical effects. If I am hiding in the darkness getting in position to knife somebody, I don't want my glowing blade giving away my position.

Based on what the other outfits look like there are two possibilities:

1. The first few outfits are made not to attract attention in the dark (no unnecessary cloth, no revealing of skin).

You could try other darker colour like for example blue or purple. You could even make a forest version and go for dark green or brown.

2. The first few outfits wouldn't be of any use on a real stealth mission (shiny metal ornaments, long "ninja-scarves", etc)

Go for extreme colours like blood red or so. Add unnecessary cloth that flows in the wind if you're posing on a rooftop, make them revealing at the legs and or stomach area. Use some fish-net. Make a robo-ninja armor like the one from MGS. And for the snow assassin do one in complete white.

For inspiration on the looks other than the colour google some ninja games. They've got pretty stylish armor and sometimes it's even stealthy.

While your at it, could you make the armor of Taki from Soul Calibur? If it hasn't been made, of course

Hope this helps :D

Edit: For a weapon you could make one of those blades that is attached to the arm. I don't quite know how to describe it, but it's like a bracer with a blade attached to it. There could also be a claw version of it.

I think a good standby would be a stiletto style blade. I've always pictured an assassin carrying around a stiletto or a dirk. Something with a long, narrow blade.

Gil Hibben's Silver Shadow You might also check out his website for some real life fantasy art knives. Some could serve as inspiration for your mod, such as the harpoon. The silver shadow knife is one that I used to own and loved. Over a foot long (1/3 of a meter) and just thin enough to pierce a ribcage.

A bonny Scottish Dirk would work as well, but not so earth-lore. The dirk was a good utility short sword/ long knife. The advantages are of a knife you can use to chop up meat and veggies, paired with a blade length capable to fight with.

Basically I think the blade should be a short short sword or long knife with a thin blade for easy piercing. The blade could be curved, but should only have barbs or serrations at the very bottom of the blade, if at all. For practicality sake, it should be used as a stealth weapon, to pierce from behind or the side. This pretty much means stiletto blade, for ease of piercing and removal. It should also have a decent enough length to suffice as a primary weapon should your cover get blown. Curved blades allow for more cutting power in the slash

Just a thought. And I totally second David Brasher's idea. If you could kill the enchant glow and make a true stealth weapon, it would be cool.

As far as colors for clothing, greys and browns are staples. They don't shout black, don't look like a silhouetted shadow on the side of a building and can serve the same purpose, if not better. What about a sniper's ghille suit? Just an afterthought. It might be a little complex to execute and not at all lore friendly, but would make for some difficult to detect and kill enemies. I really like the idea of modifying regular vanilla clothing to be 60% grey (the shade), with some dark brown straps. That could potentially look cool.

Will post back later with some sketches for knife ideas,

theuseless

-edit-

some effects that I found maybe useful. If you hit somebody with the blade, it could add a scripted poison effect, say something that adds to a timer, when the timer reaches a certain number, the character dies. So if you struck somebody rapidly 3 times in a row, each time you hit him could set the float.timer variable up say 2. when the variable hits 5 or above, the npc dies. So you would have to hit him 3 times within 4 or 5 seconds, and he dies a quick death. The variables would have to be tuned, but its an idea

Also you could make the blade turn the corpse invisible for 20 seconds, allowing you to safely get away. - The Corpsecloaker

I always make my assassins in game enchant bows with weakness to poison, all the elements, and magika. This allows me to use my poisons very effectively. I can kill high level npc's from other peoples' mods easily at level 5 with good poisons. Usually with one or two shots, from far off in the bushes. Completely undetected.

A picture of some knife design ideas I came up with based upon Hibben styles. You could make the knives any way you wish, use the pictures for ispiration or not. I just like to sketch while playing Magic the Gathering and this is what I came up with. If you like them, I could design some clothing too (but not as inspired to do that).

pic

I envisioned them with blued blades, with a nice midnight blue color. Also would be dark purple or dark green accents, such as the wrapping on the hilt. I personally have always liked knives and swords with natural grips, made of either cord or wire. Samurai used the skin of sting rays and sharks. Anything to keep grip with all the blood running down the blade...

-edit-

The designs are unique as far as I am aware, uploaded to www.deviantart.com. I applied a creative commons license with open usage, as long as not for profit. Anybody can use the pic in any way they see fit for anything.

Also, the chain mails out there just don't give the assassin the look that he craves. Maybe a midnight blue chain mail? Maybe chain re-enforced leather? Take the base leather set and add chain mail sections? Could look good and be simpler than designing from scratch? A chain mantle with lobster tails could look cool.

A Lobster Tail Sallet -would need some serious exaggeration of course...