Help with my body mod NSFW

kraxyk

Hello there, I am trying to make my own base body models for the imperial male and female. I am having trouble getting them to show in the game. I make the mod, export it in nif format. Put it in the correct folder. Then, run the game, change my character to female Remove all clothes and...nothing no body at all. I am using Oblivion GotY (Game of the Year) with no patches and no dlc. I have attached the blender file. Please help.

Blender File Download Link

Don't have blender, but since you never mentioned it, you probably forgot to weightpaint/rig the mesh to the skeleton.

Well I added an armature to my mesh and created the bones from there. I can upload the nif object then

That's probably going to be a pain in the butt to get right, then. I'd agree with Vagrant that it's likely a rigging issue. You're basically going to have to take the parts of that body, import and associate the skeleton.nif file from your characters/_male directory, weight paint it so that it moves with the skeleton correctly, then export it. If you just created bones that don't match the names of the bones that the default skeleton uses then it won't show up. I haven't downloaded your .blend file but I might just to play around with it and see how much of a headache you're in for.

-Razorpony

That's probably going to be a pain in the butt to get right, then. I'd agree with Vagrant that it's likely a rigging issue. You're basically going to have to take the parts of that body, import and associate the skeleton.nif file from your characters/_male directory, weight paint it so that it moves with the skeleton correctly, then export it. If you just created bones that don't match the names of the bones that the default skeleton uses then it won't show up. I haven't downloaded your .blend file but I might just to play around with it and see how much of a headache you're in for.

-Razorpony

Thanks, that would be great. I did name the bones the same as the original's nif. If I can't get my own to work then I could try to edit that one. But the problem is that it is very difficult to vertex edit and remove the bra top.

It's going to need to be scaled down a lot and moved down on the Z axis. Right now it looks about 2-3 times the right size and way up in the air, so to speak. Import a vanilla body and you can get an idea on the positioning. Blender did let me export the file into .nif format, so all the vertices have been weighted at least, blender won't export unweighted vertices.

Once you've got it scaled down you'll want to import the vanilla upper body skeleton and parent the body to that armiture then export.

Good luck

-Razorpony

It's going to need to be scaled down a lot and moved down on the Z axis. Right now it looks about 2-3 times the right size and way up in the air, so to speak. Import a vanilla body and you can get an idea on the positioning. Blender did let me export the file into .nif format, so all the vertices have been weighted at least, blender won't export unweighted vertices.

Once you've got it scaled down you'll want to import the vanilla upper body skeleton and parent the body to that armiture then export.

Good luck

-Razorpony

Well how do I know how big to make it because I imported the female upper body nif and they match in size

Odd, when I imported the upper female body it was waaaaay smaller than yours, so I'm not sure what to tell you. If it matches in yours, though I guess it'll be ok. You'll still need to import the vanilla skeleton.nif (located in your data/meshes/characters/_male directory) and parent the mesh to THAT so it works ingame. I don't think it will work with you building a skeleton from scratch.

-Razorpony