Help with my body mod NSFW

kraxyk

ok so I have my mesh, with bones, with weighted verticies. But for an annoying reason, the armature is a seperate mesh instead of part of my femaleupperbody. So do you know how I can get it to be part of that one mesh. I could try a modifier. The reason I need it under one is because I can't parent/weight the verticies to another meshes's bones.

the armature is not a mesh. It's a structure made of bones (or nodes). It's not supposed to be part of the mesh. You don't even export it. All you export is the mesh with skin information (= weighted).

if you really did weight paint it, all you need to do is export the mesh (and not the armature).

EDIT: there really shouldn't be any parenting/linking going on. you don't want the skeleton to be part of the nif.

any questions?

ok so I have my mesh, with bones, with weighted verticies. But for an annoying reason, the armature is a seperate mesh instead of part of my femaleupperbody. So do you know how I can get it to be part of that one mesh. I could try a modifier. The reason I need it under one is because I can't parent/weight the verticies to another meshes's bones.

the armature is not a mesh. It's a structure made of bones (or nodes). It's not supposed to be part of the mesh. You don't even export it. All you export is the mesh with skin information (= weighted).

if you really did weight paint it, all you need to do is export the mesh (and not the armature).

EDIT: there really shouldn't be any parenting/linking going on. you don't want the skeleton to be part of the nif.

any questions?

ya, in blender it appears as a armature can't be part of a mesh. It has to be its own seperate object that then gets parented. Either by the modifier or actual parent.

Nif Download Link

ya, in blender it appears as a armature can't be part of a mesh. It has to be its own seperate object that then gets parented. Either by the modifier or actual parent.

Nif Download Link

it's the same file as before. Still the same mistakes.

read my previous posts again, and read this:

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Blender/Creature_Meshes_101

just do that tutorial, except that you use the vanilla skeleton and your mesh.

don't come back until you do that... just kidding. But try it out, it should clear things up.

Good Luck!

ok so all is good so far but I have run into a problem. I have weight painted everything. I go to export and it doesn't work I get an error. "Unweighted vertices" It highlights the verticies that have not been weighted. I go and weight them. This I have done about 12 times now and somehow everytime it comes up with another verticy

Nif Download Link

it's the same file as before. Still the same mistakes.

read my previous posts again, and read this:

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Blender/Creature_Meshes_101

just do that tutorial, except that you use the vanilla skeleton and your mesh.

don't come back until you do that... just kidding. But try it out, it should clear things up.

Good Luck!

is it because it is a too high poly mesh? Or nit picky export script. Or is it me?

is it because it is a too high poly mesh? Or nit picky export script. Or is it me?

it's you. I don't mean that in a negative way. But it seems you will have to research the issue a little bit more.

No pain, no gain.

I can't help you with Blender. Everything else I have already said.

read more tutorials. Go to the blender wiki or the blender community.

I also noticed something else about your mesh:

there a several meshes inside the nif that are basically copies of each other.

you should delete every one except for the one you want to keep.

maybe blender is having issues with exporting skin information for those useless copies (but I doubt that's the problem)

it's you. I don't mean that in a negative way. But it seems you will have to research the issue a little bit more.

No pain, no gain.

maybe blender is having issues with exporting skin information for those useless copies (but I doubt that's the problem)

thanks, ya every time I try to export there seems to be always one vertex that isn't painted. ugh

No pain, no gain.

well I can't get it to export, just crashes Blender :(

Should I try to remove doubles?

yes.

Here's what you do:

1. load the mesh in blender

2. delete copies (delete everything except your mesh)

3. reset xForm (freeze transform) on your mesh (as explained above)

4. import the skeleton.nif

5. weight-paint the mesh to the armature (parent it if Blender needs that)

6. select ONLY your mesh

7. export the selection as nif

If that doesn't help, send the file again and I'll fix it for you.

yes.

Here's what you do:

1. load the mesh in blender

2. delete copies (delete everything except your mesh)

3. reset xForm (freeze transform) on your mesh (as explained above)

4. import the skeleton.nif

5. weight-paint the mesh to the armature (parent it if Blender needs that)

6. select ONLY your mesh

7. export the selection as nif

If that doesn't help, send the file again and I'll fix it for you.

ok well I did everything and still it doesn't work. Well here is the nif file if you want it. I really have no idea what to do next

My Nif File