[rel] Complete Gardening Mod V1.1

SurfingApe

Hey folks, I'm registered here so I figured I should share my mod with the community!

Complete Gardening Mod lets you grow any plant or mushroom anytime, anywhere. It is compatible with the HARVEST mod and makes no wide-sweeping changes to the game. 2 'gloves', gloves of gardening and gloves of Mushrooming, are found in the Imperial City Arboretum. Equip these and a sack is placed at your feet. Put two identical ingredients in the sack, and the plant grows an hour later! Only works for plants + mushrooms that have a flora model in the game.

Version 1.2 coming soon!

Screenshots and download here:

http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=3852

SurfingApe

Readme follows:

Gardening Mod 1.1

by SurfingApe

This mod is my humble addition to Oblivion. I always have wanted to cultivate a garden, this allows one to do so any time, any place.

Gloves of Gardening and Mushrooming are the key items in this mod. They are found at the base of the big, central statue in Imperial City, Arboretum.

When equipped, a container is placed at the player's feet, halfway buried in the ground. If two identical plant ingredients are placed in the Seedling Sack, a new plant will soon appear. If two identical mushrooms are placed in the Sack of Mushroom Compost, a new mushroom will soon appear!

Only plants or mushroom parts that can be harvested from a live 'flora' or mushroom will be recognized! There are some ingredients with no plant counterpart - the sack does not generate a plant for these. The sack disappears after recognizing two identical ingredients - if you put multiple sets of ingredients, it will most likely recognize the first set only. If you put other items in the sack along with ingredients, the items will be lost!

TIME SCALE: Currently the plants appear after 1 hour. Some people might feel this is too fast. Originally, a spell was cast to simulate forcing the plants growth - I cut this out for those diehard folks who refuse to use magic, but would appreciate the convenience of an alchemy-rewarding mod such as this one. Let me know if you wish this changed. The setting for time scaling is located in my planter scripts... feel free to change it. HOWEVER, the 'daysleft' variable/timer isn't... quite... perfect yet. It may or may not work.

MOD COMPATABILITY: As far as I know, this mod is FULLY compatible with other mods. The only changes the mod makes to the game is the creation of 4 unique items with associated scripts - there are NO scripts attached to the plants or ingredients. Theoretically this means the HARVEST mod works with this - I have not tested it. Please get back to me. The scripts simply create a new plant, identical to all the others in the world, at the location the sack was placed.

Odd notes: This was a pain to code each and every single ingredient into a script. I ran into a script-size limit more than once. Also, using placeatme results in a plant that is often floating above the ground. I couldn't figure a way to 'drop' them automatically, as they are static. Instead I calculated an offset for each and every single plant, and I move the plants to that offset when they get created. A lot of back end work but it seems to run smoothly

Also, the plants can be grown ANYWHERE. In the future I might include a check for the 'outside' worldspace, but this would prevent folks from having a home garden in a well lit interior location.

Credit goes to Bethesda for producing another masterpiece, and to my girlfriend, for putting up with me while coding this. Oh, and a description of 'the' gardening mod for Morrowind set me off on this project. I didn't look at or borrow any code or scripting, but the creation of this mod was spurred by hearing about Morrowind's gardening mod. If anyone knows the author of the mod, I will include their name in this readme.

KNOWN BUGS: Multiple days on the timer I have does not seem to be reliable. Occasionally the plants may not appear exactly when they are supposed to (this happened once in testing). They did appear a day later. Tell me if you can reproduce this reliably.

Version History

----------------

Version 1.1: Added rice and corrected spiddal stick height. First release on TESSource

Version 1.0: Included all flora and mushroom types. First release to the public.

I would like to see instead of an hour, a couple of days for the plant to appear. And after the plant appear it acts just like a regular plant in Oblivion. If I pick the flowers from the plant I planted, they will grow back in a couple weeks right? Just wondering. Do you have something to stop people from putting two Nirnroot plants in the bag to defeat the purpose of that whole quest?

Just wondering man. Awesome idea though. It would be nice to have a couple aloe vera plants close by.

I would like to see instead of an hour, a couple of days for the plant to appear. And after the plant appear it acts just like a regular plant in Oblivion. If I pick the flowers from the plant I planted, they will grow back in a couple weeks right? Just wondering. Do you have something to stop people from putting two Nirnroot plants in the bag to defeat the purpose of that whole quest?

Just wondering man. Awesome idea though. It would be nice to have a couple aloe vera plants close by.

Good to hear you would like a couple days for the plant to appear. Right now I am working on a RELIABLE multi-day timer, it shouldn't be too long before the next release with that option.

The plant acts just like a regular plant, yes. The ingredients should restock like any other... tell me if they don't ;-)

Also, the Nirnroot thing can't happen for two reasons: 1) Nirnroots are single-harvest plants... pull them and they disappear. 2) I didn't include the code to make a Nirnroot appear... I might in the future, but it still wouldn't be a way to generate more Nirnroot than you started with.

SurfingApe

I love this idea, can;t wait to check it out. I love alchemey, and this will rock. Anyways, i was wondering what you would say if i would include this into anouther mod or something? i would give you credit and so on. Just wanted to make sure it s alright =P

Hmm, including it in a "better oblivion mod" type of package? I'm somewhat flattered :D

Go ahead. I'm about to release a version 1.2, so it might be a good idea to wait for that...

I don't really think it's -necessary- to have packaged, personally. It's easy enough to click on and off in Data Files due to the lack of conflicts and sweeping changes in the mod. Buuuut, seeing as there's dozens of desirable mods and finding them all is a giant pain, I see the appeal!

SurfingApe

Rofl the Better Oblivion suite isn;t one mod its moduler, so people would be able to choose it, and well not sure if we will include it in Better Oblivion, as i am not the lead of it, but i loved the idea, and what i was more refering to was checking out your scripts and such for possibly a much larger mod i have planned in the future =P I just like asking modders who have cool mods that i think i might be able to use if i can use it =P

Ot:The better Oblivion Suite is ment to be a bunch of mini packadges that do not interfear with each other, and since its moduler it alows you to choose. We have made from scrach most of the packadges but one or two we imported from someone elses mod, and thus named them.

Hello everyone once again,

Version 1.2 of the Complete Gardening Mod has been polished off and released! Completely compatible with such mods as the Harvest mod.

This updated version is fully compatible with the previous version.

v1.2 Additions: NEW!!! Mage Mode as requested! When you add the new 'settings scroll' to your inventory, a messagebox will display, letting you set "mage gardening mode" or "slow and patient" gardening mode. Mage mode costs magicka and is instantaneous, slow mode takes days to grow! The scroll is located next to where the gloves were or are located. It will teach you the spells when you switch to that mode, and remove them if you switch back. The same scroll lets you set a plant growth duration other than the default.

If you have 95 or higher alchemy, the sacks require ONE ingredient, not two, to generate a plant.

Also, the sack will disintegrate if unused for a certain amount of real time.

Added reliable multiple-day timer, set it to 5 days for default.

Just downloaded the mod and tried it out. Awesome man. Excellent mod. My only problem was not remembering where I had planted some plants and not realizing how large other plants are. In a future version could you had a way to tell where your sack was planted, like a raised or disturbed piece of earth. I would also like to see a way to dig up my plants, because I have a harrada on top of a bush and other stuff like that. Just wondering, other than that it is awesome man. An alchemist's dream.

Just downloaded the mod and tried it out. Awesome man. Excellent mod. My only problem was not remembering where I had planted some plants and not realizing how large other plants are. In a future version could you had a way to tell where your sack was planted, like a raised or disturbed piece of earth. I would also like to see a way to dig up my plants, because I have a harrada on top of a bush and other stuff like that. Just wondering, other than that it is awesome man. An alchemist's dream.

I honestly am reasonably puzzled on the subject of removing the plants. I can't think of a way to get a reference to the static, collision-less object a flora is. I am not the ultimate oblivion scripting master by any means, so if someone has an idea I am listening :)

Markers: I'll see what I can do. Easiest hack would be to leave the sack there... but I don't like it. I will look through the statics, see if a good marker leaps out at me.

Alternatively, do what I do: place a bunch of sacks at once (3 or 4), and then fill them all. Better idea of the spacing. Don't place too many before you put your ingredients in or they'll start disappearing (unexpected side effect of making 'unused' bags go away!) That's the best interim solution.