[rel] Complete Gardening Mod V1.1

SurfingApe

question? In the ~ script thing. Is there a way to delete plants in the wilderness. If so, I can fix this problem myself.

The console, I think you mean? Yeah, actually... Activate the console, click on the plant you don't like, and type disable. That ought work. Tell me if it doesn't, and I will feel bad for sending you on a wild goose chase :)

awesome man. disable works fine and if I watch what I'm doing i don't screw it up. Still think it would be neat to have the ground change once you planted a bag. Maybe even leave the ground disturbed around the bottom on plants (especially traditional garden plants)

I did discover an issue, however. The Notes and Settings document, i set it to five days, but my mushrooms came up the next time i came back outside. Only problem I've noticed.

Man your mod is awesome.

awesome man. disable works fine and if I watch what I'm doing i don't screw it up. Still think it would be neat to have the ground change once you planted a bag. Maybe even leave the ground disturbed around the bottom on plants (especially traditional garden plants)

I did discover an issue, however. The Notes and Settings document, i set it to five days, but my mushrooms came up the next time i came back outside. Only problem I've noticed.

Man your mod is awesome.

Version 1.3 update: Not released yet, but getting closer. I need public opinion (ie you!)... the question is at the end of this post/update

I completely revamped the code. Combined the two gloves into one, you can grow mushrooms and plants from the same container/glove/spell. Simplified my if-else'es, trimmed probably 800 lines of code!! My old computer science professors would be proud....

So far that's back end, you folks won't notice too much. Of course, scripting bugs like the mushroom one won't re-occur because I have all of the logic unified in a single script file.

I removed the gloves from the gameworld, they aren't found at the statue in Imperial City any more... instead I implemented quest scripting to automagically add the (single) glove upon loading the game, along with the scroll that changes settings. Also, if you -read- the scroll now, not just pick it up, it should pop up the settings.... I'm also calculating offsets for all the plant models and randomly picking one (for plants with multiple models). Surprisingly, all these changes seem compatible with the previous version - no hoops to jump through! Wahoo new oblivion mod system!

Finally, I did random scaling, so each plant will look somewhat different from the others (in a .75 to 1.25 range.) In testing, this results in the expected RANDOM results, so don't be surprised if you see some plants similar in height next to each other, or wildly varying plants, or whatever other combination the number generator comes up with.

I just had an idea I'd like public input on. I was trying to write a generic message for the 'planting sack' and included something about Bonemeal fertilizer. Bone and bloodmeal is a pretty common additive in 'real' gardens, and there are similar things in Oblivion already. Anybody interested in being able to add extra items already found in the game (like bonemeal) as fertilizer? It would cut the growing time and might provide a hint of realism.

Also, the number of requests for 'disturbed ground' around where plants have been planted is increasing... My initial idea was just to flip the sack upside down (so the part you see is smooth and seems like you planted it) and remove the 'seeds', letting you add fertilizers and such. I'll still work on finding an appropriate static image to position under the plant.

SurfingApe

• 5 years later...

I realize the last post was many years ago, but I've got a problem. I dropped my gloves in Frostcrag and when I closed my menu screen, they were nowhere to be found on the ground. Not even under the floor when I turned clipping off. I tried player.additem ff0257be 1 but it said invalid item. I got the number from an older save where I had them on the ground.

Also, it seems like plants in Imperial City grow once and never return thereafter. Is there a reason for that?

Traditional gardening fertilizers include burying a dead cat or similar creature when planting a grape vine. Bonemeal is, of course, obvious, but dead fish should also be a good "starter". How about a 25% plant size increae for the fertilized plants?

As for the "WHERE did I bury it?" problem " how about adapting the wooden road signs mod resources, make them about lolly stick sized, turn then through 90°, and stick them in the ground labelled with the plant name?