Performance

BrilliantShade

@NGF: I will give streamline a shot, it says no where on the download page that you can't use stutter remover simultaneously so I will try both at the same time. This one sounds promising, thanks. :smile:

I've never tried running both myself, though I read here that Streamline is incompatible with Stutter Remover. Not really sure what it'll do with both enabled. Hopefully nothing bad. :tongue:

They are not incompatible. The safest way to use them together is to set SL's FPS capping range equal to or within OSR's. For more suggestions: SL.ini Tweaks.

Edit: Actually, all you have to do to ensure that they do not conflict is to turn off Streamline's StreamSmooth feature, but many users of both opt to have both work on the FPS smoothing, which is fine too.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@NGF: I will give streamline a shot, it says no where on the download page that you can't use stutter remover simultaneously so I will try both at the same time. This one sounds promising, thanks. :smile:

I've never tried running both myself, though I read here that Streamline is incompatible with Stutter Remover. Not really sure what it'll do with both enabled. Hopefully nothing bad. :tongue:

They are not incompatible. The safest way to use them together is to set SL's FPS capping range equal to or within OSR's. For more suggestions: SL.ini Tweaks.

Edit: Actually, all you have to do to ensure that they do not conflict is to turn off Streamline's StreamSmooth feature, but many users of both opt to have both work on the FPS smoothing, which is fine too.

Good to know. Thanks :)

Well that was way more than a day, got a bit carried away with oblivion lately, mainly due to installing Unnecessary Violence :tongue:

Right, anyway, here's the results; 'Streamline' works wonders alongside with 'Oblivion Stutter Remover' (Thankyou NGF :smile: and also Tomlong54210 for the link to the .ini configuration). I edited alot of .ini files, including the vanilla Oblivion.ini, which also helped a great deal :smile: enabling multithreading and so on.

However, it wasn't enough, and I had to disable ENBseries :down: but with some research I found OBGE, which is a great replacement and I assume most have you have heard of already so I won't go into detail :teehee:

Oh and also, it's worth pointing out that I overclocked my 4850, that helped a great deal too :biggrin:; so I'd reccomend that, IF you know what you're doing :tongue:

Thanks for your suggestions everyone :thumbsup: happy modding.

Streamline manages purge cell buffering, among other things. Multiple cores are helpful for playing Oblivion, only not directly... It may take advantage of multiple cores. OBSE does many things I do not understand, but I think OSR may take advantage of multiple cores as well. I would have to ask SkyRanger-1 or someone else in those thread, but it really does not bother me (as I do not expect Oblivion to do much with it, regardless.)

Edit: wording

my computer has wendows vista 880 MB of ram to use and a 6150 gforce inter graded video card it is also a dual core all the video setting except texter size and viewing distance as low as they will go as i menchen erlyer it gets slower as I play. IS their any ideas on how to keep it from slowing down without giting rid of the textur quality and thats not really is"t a nuf anyway sorry my spelligs not very good.

my computer has wendows vista 880 MB of ram to use and a 6150 gforce inter graded video card it is also a dual core all the video setting except texter size and viewing distance as low as they will go as i menchen erlyer it gets slower as I play. IS their any ideas on how to keep it from slowing down without giting rid of the textur quality and thats not really is"t a nuf anyway sorry my spelligs not very good.

...not really. Integrated video cards are not good for gaming. Your RAM is not helping much either. You can try suggestions here: LINK.

I will try to read the information on the links you gave me but ther is a lot to read I am legally blind its hard to read a lot at a time and I figured my computer was clser to the minim Iv been told that inter graded video cards are not as good I wold lik a little mor help if someone wold be willing I wold appreciate it. I don"T know very much I still cant make all my mods work

I will try to read the information on the links you gave me but ther is a lot to read I am legally blind its hard to read a lot at a time and I figured my computer was clser to the minim Iv been told that inter graded video cards are not as good

Those things probably will not help to much. I will link the "important" pages here, no need to read through all of that.

Latest Official Patch <-- If you are not using the GOTY version, install the latest patch

Regenerate the Oblivion.ini <-- If you had to install the latest patch, follow up with this

Oblivion.ini Tweaks <-- there are many useful performance tweaks listed here

Optimization Mods <-- a number of replacers here are useful, especially Quiet Feet MAX

Outdated Optimization <-- just so you know, avoid these...

Stabilization Mods <-- stabilization can help with performance too, a lot actually...

SL.ini Tweaks <-- to help setup Streamline's INI file properly

Popular Outdated Mods <-- avoid these