Enable reverse-pickpocket for a certain item

0magma0

the guys who have played fallout 3 will know what i mean (exploding pants)...

for the rest? the topic's desc should be clear, but because i can't just leave it with this...

is it possible to put an certain (scripted) item in the pocket of any NPC (WITHOUT SPELL, PREFERED BY PICK-POCKET)

It's not too difficult. The huge problem however is that it's something you'd use more than once. And as it has to be scripted, it'll add a few bytes to your save-game for every single scripted thing. (If you have 20 bombs, it'll add 20 script to the player even though it's not targeted at the player.). That's why a spell is usually the better option to avoid ruining your savegame. However, an alternative could be to cast a spell onto the actor that'll check if you will add anything afterwards. For the long-term playability that would be the best option. As long as that scripted spell isn't hostile, you could continue your sneak-acts.

the guys who have played fallout 3 will know what i mean (exploding pants)...

for the rest? the topic's desc should be clear, but because i can't just leave it with this...

is it possible to put an certain (scripted) item in the pocket of any NPC (WITHOUT SPELL, PREFERED BY PICK-POCKET)

One way i have heard of is to give an item 0 weight, it can then be placed into an NPC's inventory by pickpocket, but this is something i have not tried yet.

One way i have heard of is to give an item 0 weight, it can then be placed into an NPC's inventory by pickpocket, but this is something i have not tried yet.

Well, seems weightless items can be used for reverse-pickpocket...

just tested it, and is now confirmed

EDIT: Now, how can i run a script to an actor who aquired the item by reversed pickpocketing???

i got this as code:

ref refVar

begin onAdd
set refVar to GetContainer
if (refVar.getIsReference Player) 
	return
else
	if (refVar.getIsSex Male)
		;Actor is Male
		PlayMagicShaderVisuals effectFireDamage
	Else
		;Actor is Female
		PlayMagicShaderVisuals effectCalm
	Endif
	SetRestrained 1
Endif
End

Begin onDrop
set refVar to GetContainer
if (refVar.getIsReference Player) 
	return
else
	if (refVar.getIsSex Male)
		StopMagicShaderVisuals effectFireDamage
	else
		StopMagicShaderVisuals effectCalm
	EndIf
	SetRestrained 0
EndIf
End

It is true that you can place a zero weight item in npc's inventory by reverse pickpocketing. It is difficult to get the npc to equip it without entering combat. I have made a whole set of zero weight fire damage clothes. You can reverse pick pocket them and then get the npc mad at you. As soon as the npc attacks, they equip the enchanted item you "gave" to them. You can provoke an npc to attack you with dispostion modifiers, such as telling bad jokes (lol I have a few that will get you kicked out of a party :smile:).

Other than that you would have to make a scripted item. Otherwise make an item in the cs that has zero weight and whatever effect you want as an enchantment.

Hope that helped,

theuseless

-edit-

If you don't have skills in the construction set it would be very easy for me to make for you. Pm me if you need.

I could possibly make a script on a zero weight item that would cause the npc to equip it. If you elaborate here, people will help.