Lots and lots of questions.

yappers4

Alright as the title suggests I have so much questions about the GECK it may take hours to answer them all, so please, if you cant answer them all just answer a few. Im very new to the GECK, and Im making a personal vault for me ^^. So please include pictures if u can, especially in complicated steps (linking isnt complicated ^^)

1.Protectrons

1a.) Seperate Control:

I have one terminal, I want it to say stuff like: Protectron 1 Protectron 2 Protectron 3 all that stuff, I can do that, but how do I make say protectron 2 commands only apply to protectron 2?

1b.) Doing Something:

I have one protectron. He can get out of his pod and turn on/off from terminal, I havnt built the other Protectrons yet. How do I make him do something useful? Right now he stands there like an idiot, and only responds if I take out ma rifle and give him a good shot through his leg.

I want him to do the following: Patrol, Follow me, Patrol the entrance to the vault (previous patrol will patrol in the vault)

1c.) Recall:

How do I make him go back to his pod, and shut it behind him?

2. Training Room

I want buttons along the wall, Electrical switch 1 (the green/red activators) that each spawn different monsters, and seal the door out of the training room with level key required until u unlock it with the terminal beside it to prevent the training monsters from rampaging across the vault.

3. Security: I want tons of security gaurds preferably armed with combat shotguns. These should attack enemies on sight, and shouldnt attack you if you accidently fire at them. They should also be able to be commanded like the robots, except replace go to pod with go to room. See below for info.

4. Barracks: I want a barracks assigned to each gaurd, where they sleep and stuff.

5. Self Destruct. I want a self destruct switch, that can be cancelled, so preferably on a terminal. This shouldnt destroy the base from existing, it should just fire off several explosions throughout the base, that dont emit radiation. There should be an electric switch 2 beside it, that needs to be turned off to engage SD so as not to accidently fire it up.

Thats it for now. I want to LEARN to do these things so dont make them for me, tell me how to do it. (Except scripting as I fail with that ^^)

Admins plz dont lock as i will edit it as I go along and need more things to help me. Thanks ^^

Alright as the title suggests I have so much questions about the GECK it may take hours to answer them all, so please, if you cant answer them all just answer a few. Im very new to the GECK, and Im making a personal vault for me ^^. So please include pictures if u can, especially in complicated steps (linking isnt complicated ^^)

1.Protectrons

1a.) Seperate Control:

I have one terminal, I want it to say stuff like: Protectron 1 Protectron 2 Protectron 3 all that stuff, I can do that, but how do I make say protectron 2 commands only apply to protectron 2?

1b.) Doing Something:

I have one protectron. He can get out of his pod and turn on/off from terminal, I havnt built the other Protectrons yet. How do I make him do something useful? Right now he stands there like an idiot, and only responds if I take out ma rifle and give him a good shot through his leg.

I want him to do the following: Patrol, Follow me, Patrol the entrance to the vault (previous patrol will patrol in the vault)

1c.) Recall:

How do I make him go back to his pod, and shut it behind him?

2. Training Room

I want buttons along the wall, Electrical switch 1 (the green/red activators) that each spawn different monsters, and seal the door out of the training room with level key required until u unlock it with the terminal beside it to prevent the training monsters from rampaging across the vault.

3. Security: I want tons of security gaurds preferably armed with combat shotguns. These should attack enemies on sight, and shouldnt attack you if you accidently fire at them. They should also be able to be commanded like the robots, except replace go to pod with go to room. See below for info.

4. Barracks: I want a barracks assigned to each gaurd, where they sleep and stuff.

5. Self Destruct. I want a self destruct switch, that can be cancelled, so preferably on a terminal. This shouldnt destroy the base from existing, it should just fire off several explosions throughout the base, that dont emit radiation. There should be an electric switch 2 beside it, that needs to be turned off to engage SD so as not to accidently fire it up.

Thats it for now. I want to LEARN to do these things so dont make them for me, tell me how to do it. (Except scripting as I fail with that ^^)

Admins plz dont lock as i will edit it as I go along and need more things to help me. Thanks ^^

To make npc's and creatures do what you want them to you need to give them AI packages.

Here is a link to the GECK page and some great tutorials to get you started.

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/Main_Page

Thanks for reply, ok Ive tested around a bit and sucessfully set up a protectron to do a patrol, but now I need it to do it on command from a terminal. For Instance he shouldnt move until I give the order to get out of the pod, and then I want him to stand there until I give an order to patrol/do something. Im gonna take a wild guess here but I think I will need a command to switch AI packages. Oh and the protectron has AI form data off checked incase that has to do with anything, so I believe the script will need to uncheck that option :P I used another protectron not under terminal command for the patrol :P Gotta give the pod guy a little break lol.