FO3 Personal Journal Request

slinkyinmotion

Hello Modders and Advocates,

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in developing a mod that allows the player to enter their own journal entries during their game. I'd like to preface this by saying I have NO knowledge of scripting, coding or anything like that so if this sounds like an impossible feat please forgive my ignorance!

I see it as something simple like this:

An accessible journal that a user can go into (through the PIPBOY I assume. or perhaps a specially tagged book item)

- They can type into the journal their own ideas and entries through keyboard input

- It be neat if it auto dated itself per entry based on the Day/Time or even simply - day1 day2 etc.

I think the idea is just to have your own notes/story develop in game - so you can feel like your character has more of a personality. Also if you step away from your game for long periods of time you can reread your own entries, in your own words, and get back into the action.

Like I said just an idea, and I hadn't seen anyone mention it in these forums. Please I would love thoughts and opinions about this. Thank you kindly!

- Slinky

Be nice but it ain't happening.

Blunt and straight to the point, fair enough. Beggars can't be choosers I suppose, is it totally not possible? I have seen some incredible things modded into this game but you're saying there is just no way to get text input into the game?

Nope. None that I've seen, and you're hardly the first to ask.

I'm sorry did I do something to offend you? You seem like a very curt and rude person - i don't even know you and you're reacting to my request like I had just spit in your face. It was a request, in a request forum. I suppose if I asked for more BUSH on the female meshes that would get more informative replies. Thank you for your incredibly dry and unhelpful response.

I think he's taking it the way that people normally try and request models.

Simply put, a journal mod would require too much coding and most feel it's not a good venture to go through. My recommendation is to find immersion elsewhere or take up coding yourself and see if you can do it.

Sorry. No, you didn't offend. It's just that if you try to break the news gently and say "Well, maybe if you get a good coder" People assume that's a yes and insist on bumping the thread to the point where it becomes necrotic.

Again, I'm sorry, as I didn't mean to be curt or rude. Just straight to the point.

.....And, if you started another thread about type3 or one of it's imitators I honestly wouldn't have bothered replying.