Dwarf Noble question

Lehcar

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! I stopped reading after the first couple of entries because (looks down/shuffles toes) I've never played the Dwarf Noble origin. Looks like there's a whole lot more there then I'd imagined from playing the Casteless one.

Guess I'll have to try it now. Just wish I cared more about what happens in Orzammar. For a Human Noble, Mage, City or Dalish Elf -- my point of view is clear, as is "why I should care" (one way or another, based on my personal preferences). But as a Casteless, I couldn't work-up much interest over my "family" in Dust Town, or the squabbles for power among the other Dwarves.

But, as my avatar reflects, playing it did lead to the creation of my favorite PC face! :biggrin: Just wish there were better lighting during CharGen. I thought I had selected brown eyes. (See "Charge Hairstyle" thread at: http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=211558 for correcting this kind of issue. More work than I want to do! :turned: )

Just wish there were better lighting during CharGen. I thought I had selected brown eyes. (See "Charge Hairstyle" thread at: http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=211558 for correcting this kind of issue. More work than I want to do! :turned: )

What I do if I'm making a character different from what I usually do (and need to really see the details like eye color, hair color and skin), I'll turn up the gamma to around 67 to make it lighter in the CharGen. Soon as you get into the game and can access the options, turn it back down to whatever you are comfortable using.

What I do if I'm making a character different from what I usually do (and need to really see the details like eye color, hair color and skin), I'll turn up the gamma to around 67 to make it lighter in the CharGen. Soon as you get into the game and can access the options, turn it back down to whatever you are comfortable using.

I'll remember to try that next time I'm building a new one!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Thandal, yes, you really need to play that noble origin. :thumbsup: While I really like both dwarf origins, as both are the most interesting for me, the noble has more options than the commoner origin. As a female, you can elude to a romance with Ghorim, and as a male you can have a child with one of the noble hunters that adds another quest when you return to Orzammar. There is also a way to outright kill Trian yourself giving a reasonable explanation to side with Bhelen as a noble later in the game if you so choose. That epilogue, though, I have not seen yet. :confused: There is more that is available to do, but I'll leave them for you to catch. :whistling:

So uhm... WHY hasn't the Of Noble Birth quest been fixed yet? Why can't anyone de-bug this quest??

I'm SO disappointed that I can't complete it successfully, because if you do complete the quest Mardy comes to your funeral if your char dies at the end. But since it still registers as failed even if you did succeed and do everything right... it impossible :sad: