DLC Items

m3rr

I've done a quick search on the forum as well as googled till I can't google No more.

Maybe I'm using the Wrong Search Criteria

I'm looking to find a way to edit some of the DLC , or create new items for DLC NPC's For example Shale

I'd love to be able to play with some of the colours and textures for her stones , add-ons and abilities

even create new abilities

To be honest Some of the Bash abilities seems to be a wee bit nerf'd

Is there anyway to do this?

I've tried some of the basic stuff that I know which unfortunately doesn't really leave the world of creating new items for the Single Player

and importing them using a third party mod.

Could someone direct me? or Per-chance assist with an explanation?

Much Obliged

The Stone Prisoner items can be found in BioWare\Dragon Age\AddIns\dao_prc_cp_2\core\data\designeritems.erf or dao_prc_cp_2\module\data\designeritems.erf. You will only find already compiled *.uti files but it is still possible to make changes with either recreating the item or changing the values. Creating spells is bit more complicated especially because all the script files for Shale are compiled. Maybe look first at this tutorial before you try to change anything: http://social.bioware.com/wiki/datoolset/index.php/Adding_a_New_Spell_Tutorial

The Stone Prisoner items can be found in BioWare\Dragon Age\AddIns\dao_prc_cp_2\core\data\designeritems.erf or dao_prc_cp_2\module\data\designeritems.erf. You will only find already compiled *.uti files but it is still possible to make changes with either recreating the item or changing the values. Creating spells is bit more complicated especially because all the script files for Shale are compiled. Maybe look first at this tutorial before you try to change anything: http://social.bioware.com/wiki/datoolset/index.php/Adding_a_New_Spell_Tutorial

Thanks so much for that Tut

I'm working on a new ability

So Much Obliged

However - I'm looking through the Toolset , and see that I can make items for shale , Chest , Right Arm , Left Arm etc..

I don't suppose I could impose one more question on you , or those willing to help

How would I go about making a custom Crystal for Shale? Change the colours on him and such as well as custom properties?

(for the record I do know how to make other items , armour , swords etc... but shale? I'm only concerned because of the 4 options while he only has 2 slots ingame)

thanks a lot! Greatly appreciated

edit :

Also I just noticed that for some reason my Item descriptions are not showing

They are in toolset , not in game.- I've followed two different tuts on this Verikk being the last one.

Open in the toolset shl_arm_spi_00 and look at the values. I never created any items for shale, but it should be easy. You only have to compare the items to normal weapons. You might see what the difference is and what you need to change to make them to crystals.

Are the descriptions on every item that you create not there or only on specific ones? I don't know why it would not work but maybe you could try strings. Strings are saved in *.tlk (talk tables). You could make use of them by creating a new string and entering it as description (not tested).

Open in the toolset shl_arm_spi_00 and look at the values. I never created any items for shale, but it should be easy. You only have to compare the items to normal weapons. You might see what the difference is and what you need to change to make them to crystals.

Are the descriptions on every item that you create not there or only on specific ones? I don't know why it would not work but maybe you could try strings. Strings are saved in *.tlk (talk tables). You could make use of them by creating a new string and entering it as description (not tested).

thanks for the shale update

as for the description

I just figured it out

While playing in the 2DA I added a bad line which mucked up the entire game

All is resolved.

I restored the 2DA to default and started over to find that , that resolved the description issue

Much obliged.

I'll let you know if I figure out the Shale items

thanks again hdhd

Alright - so for Armour , I've gotten that figured out , Unfortunately the uti file that you gave me , doesn't completely match up so I've had to kinda muck through

but it did give me a starting point a great starting point so thank you for that.

Shale - Body = Permanent Tome like Effect

Any properties I apply to this item , will permanently be added to Shale's Attributes.

Shale - Chest = Armour

However , I can't seem to get the Crystals to Appear on her.

The Item equips fine , and it works and loads fine into the game.

Leads me to believe that maybe the Effect on her body isn't item related? (Visual Effect)

Or I missing something in the Item Creation

I haven't Played with Right arm or left arm yet , I'm trying to get a base line for the Armour.

edit -

Ok , so I've made a virtual copy of the one file.

When I export it and open it , all the resource information is the same. Except the name of the item not being shl_xx_xx.uti

it's just "warden_crystal" simple name for me to remember , and something I may use later.

And still it shows no added effect(Visual - all property effects are present) on shale.

I think it's because the game can't register if it's a Nature , Fire , Electricity , or Spirit crystal.

But unfortunately don't know how to make it know as such

Perhaps we could create a new one for this?

But I imagine that would involve more then just skinning which for this case , I'm not 100% on.