Creature Help

Hello.

I have new Textures for a few Creatures that I want to add to my Teams mod but I'm having a few problems adding them. Anyone here know how to add stuff like this to a mod?

I have the nif files set up to use the new texture file but when added to the G.E.C.K. then tested out the game CTD.

I have never added new Creatures to any of my mods before now so if anyone could talk me through it, I would really appreciate the help.

Thank You in advance.

Lord of the Dark Reapers

/bump

Errrr um... Well heck try the GECK main page, it goes into stuff about creatures. I still go there to find stuff.

Anytime you git a problem duplicate it first, in yer main charicter, an also a new game start test charicter, before you change stuff.

But like say you were playing an then you added a new NPC texture, and it crashed soon as ye tryed to play then yer pretty sure it's the cause.

I'd start by seeing if it's directly related to the mod you created. Make a new mod, then open the GECK an apply your textures to a existing NPC, via GECK's ablility to apply alternate textures.

Setting data folder paths to textures inside the .Nif mesh is the easy way to do it an more clean most of the time, then if you have 1 mesh an 30 textures for it GECK's alternate textures method is less work. Anyhow it's a good easy way to start to rule out stuff.

Is this a replacer NPC or a new NPC/creature you created inside the GECK, Most times if there is a problem with a mesh then GECK will crash when the content is created, a dead give away that you need to go thru the Nifscope optimization/cleaning process. Then often we make a silly supid tiny tiny mistake when we create something which ends up causing these weird crashes.

/bump

• 2 months later...