XBOX 360 or PS3

dudutz18

Hey the Blu ray player on the ps3 is Fantastic, even 3d capable with those 3d tv's coming out, i doubt those stand alone ones can do that yet.

I really do not see the benefit of having a disc that is the size of a regular HDD. It is not for convenient data storage. That is what flash drives and mini portable HDDs are for... 3D media might need it though, I guess.

I don't you realize that the ps3 has a eternal HD as well as USB ports, the size of the disk is the thing that gives the ps3 the edge. Less compression :thumbsup: . They now have BD disks 120gb so far.

What other storage do you think there is, Other then loading the cd roms from HDD like the psp.

I don't you realize that the ps3 has a eternal HD as well as USB ports, the size of the disk is the thing that gives the ps3 the edge. Less compression :thumbsup: . They now have BD disks 120gb so far.

What other storage do you think there is, Other then loading the cd roms from HDD like the psp.

I was not talking about the PS3's Blu Ray capabilities. I was talking about Blu Ray in general... My comments about other forms of external HDD were not specific to consoles at all...

ok, what other mediums should ther be other then dvd or Blu ray drives, for instants the psp go, that was a failure just because it didn't use umb, prime example.

ok, what other mediums should ther be other then dvd or Blu ray drives, for instants the psp go, that was a failure just because it didn't use umb, prime example.

What are you talking about? What is "umb"? I said they might be useful for 3D, and I did not mention DVDs at all.

The original "discussion" seems to be done here...

Hey the Blu ray player on the ps3 is Fantastic, even 3d capable with those 3d tv's coming out, i doubt those stand alone ones can do that yet.

I really do not see the benefit of having a disc that is the size of a regular HDD. It is not for convenient data storage. That is what flash drives and mini portable HDDs are for... 3D media might need it though, I guess.

HUH then what was all that about???? the psp uses Pro duo's as well as umd. just giving a example.

That was me just expressing my feeling about Blu Ray in general. It has nothing to do with this debate, or whatever it is you are talking about. It seems to me that until very recently, there wasn't much need for the capacity of the Blu Ray disc. USB keys, flash drives and portable HDDs are convenient because of USB and other interfaces. We moved away from tapes, and it seemed we were moving away from discs as well, at least as far as data storage for the average user. Music is downloaded, files are transferred on compact flash drives, and DVDs are used for movies and video games. I guess Blu Ray will be used for the latter two as the media technology develops and requires more space though. DVDs are still good enough for now...

Steam is a massive hit as is the Xbox Live Arcade and PSN games, Sony makes a lot more money selling their games online then through retailers, although the real reason the PS3 has Blu-Ray support is because they have to support their own product, the PS3 not having Blu-Ray support would be like the Xbox 360 using OpenGL, no, it uses DirectX, Microsofts product, it only makes sense.

I feel that Xbox Live is a better social experience, and that makes it a better console overall.

I turn on my Xbox and bam, party voice chat invite, now I'm talking to 7 of my friends wherever I am, be it watching a movie or playing a game or updating a game, anything, all has party chat.

One of my friends puts in Halo 3 or an arcade game, a little popup comes up saying he put that game in, I press the Xbox Button and boom, I'm in the game with him, it just blows PSN out of the water.

And the 360 is not a computer, I said it was built LIKE a computer in the sense that is more evened out with the CPU, GPU and RAM, whereas the iPhone has the same amount of system RAM as the PS3 does, which is almost nothing.

Steam is a massive hit as is the Xbox Live Arcade and PSN games, Sony makes a lot more money selling their games online then through retailers, although the real reason the PS3 has Blu-Ray support is because they have to support their own product, the PS3 not having Blu-Ray support would be like the Xbox 360 using OpenGL, no, it uses DirectX, Microsofts product, it only makes sense.

I feel that Xbox Live is a better social experience, and that makes it a better console overall.

I turn on my Xbox and bam, party voice chat invite, now I'm talking to 7 of my friends wherever I am, be it watching a movie or playing a game or updating a game, anything, all has party chat.

One of my friends puts in Halo 3 or an arcade game, a little popup comes up saying he put that game in, I press the Xbox Button and boom, I'm in the game with him, it just blows PSN out of the water.

And the 360 is not a computer, I said it was built LIKE a computer in the sense that is more evened out with the CPU, GPU and RAM, whereas the iPhone has the same amount of system RAM as the PS3 does, which is almost nothing.

You are being biased toward the online gamer... I am happy to play Halo 3 at home with my friends. One of them brought over the Wii too. The Wii game was not very fun, but hanging with my friends is. Consoles are for having fun, and I agree that it can be more fun with multiple people. However, those people do not have to be communicating on the net. If that is how the average user feels, that online gaming is more fun, then that would be a very important business goal, but whatever happened to enjoying time with people in person? :(

Edit: The console hardware talk is going over my head now. I am more of a PC person, haha.

You are being biased toward the online gamer... I am happy to play Halo 3 at home with my friends. One of them brought over the Wii too. The Wii game was not very fun, but hanging with my friends is. Consoles are for having fun, and I agree that it can be more fun with multiple people. However, those people do not have to be communicating on the net. If that is how the average user feels, that online gaming is more fun, then that would be a very important business goal, but whatever happened to enjoying time with people in person? :(

Edit: The console hardware talk is going over my head now. I am more of a PC person, haha.

InternetTherapist

Yes i agree that reallly sounds biased does the xbox live have game sharing No, as stated each system is equally good. So stop being so one sided.