wasteland gladiator

dissentuk

bassically, dont get me wrong, the guns are fine but not really what i had in mind. What i wanted to do was focus more on the fight arena idea and make it into a thunderdome style thing.

all i really need to do is create a dirty little wasteland bar with nps'c ect and a changing room. in the changing room is the computer with the enemy selection function. once you select an enemy you dump your stuff in a locker and go in for the fight. i think its just a case of building a new interior and moving the controll system and character placement ect as well as adding in more human foe options and multiple foes for ROYAL RUMBLE style battles. possibly a few weapons lying around on the floor to make it a bit more interesting.

im not really that good at modding but there are enough mods that can be adapted with permission, all i need is a few pointers on how i might go about making the changes i had in mind. thanks

It was something I expected to see atleast somewhere in the wasteland, it'd make sense too with all the violence that someone would start a figthing club of some sort. The Point Lookout "safari" was nice.

What do you have in mind though? Speaking of coding it right, it'd be best to go with the closed off one as someone on front row would most likely get a jaw broken thus probably make them all pissed at you. Are you thinking huuuuge arenas or closed off, controlled fights within a bar or some such? You do something like it in a mission in Broken Steel, but I won't spoil it here. (It's short, dull and buggy anyway)

It sounds like a helluva lot of work to do though.

bassically, dont get me wrong, the guns are fine but not really what i had in mind. What i wanted to do was focus more on the fight arena idea and make it into a thunderdome style thing.

all i really need to do is create a dirty little wasteland bar with nps'c ect and a changing room. in the changing room is the computer with the enemy selection function. once you select an enemy you dump your stuff in a locker and go in for the fight. i think its just a case of building a new interior and moving the controll system and character placement ect as well as adding in more human foe options and multiple foes for ROYAL RUMBLE style battles. possibly a few weapons lying around on the floor to make it a bit more interesting.

im not really that good at modding but there are enough mods that can be adapted with permission, all i need is a few pointers on how i might go about making the changes i had in mind. thanks

just look at my terminal and scripts it uses to enable and disable the enemies in the other room, you are right all you need is to build your own environment and put in the enemies and terminals like I did.

make the door of the arena such that if player has any inventory on him it won't open, that way you can force a player to dump his equipment. The enemies, you have to place inside the arena but they ll be disabled. The terminal enables them.

If you want the ability to have the same enemies fight the player several times you can attach a script to the enemy which disables the enemy when his health goes below say 10%. this way he won't die and when the player enables him again he will come back with full health.

i do have one concern. if this all this fighing takes place in cage in the middle of a bar inhabited with people drinking, walikng around ect, will they all start running around and panic when a hostile faction is placed in the ring if they are in the same room?

what i had planned was to have it so that you enter a dressing room with the computer, make your enemy selection, dump your stuff in a locker and make your way back to the main bar where you find a cage with a door that you have to enter to get to the fight. basically you cant leave till you or they get to a minimal health(5%ish) status. then reward time!

i though it would be cool if you could select up to 3 unarmed humans for fights that are all on different factions so you end up with a massive brawl in a last man standing kind of thing.

i was thinking for fight options:

multiple unarmed human fights, supermutant fights, ghoul fights and animal fights. 100 caps per human, 1000 for a mutant, 50 for a ghoul and 25 for an animal.

any other ideas are welcome!!!!!

i do have one concern. if this all this fighing takes place in cage in the middle of a bar inhabited with people drinking, walikng around ect, will they all start running around and panic when a hostile faction is placed in the ring if they are in the same room?

what i had planned was to have it so that you enter a dressing room with the computer, make your enemy selection, dump your stuff in a locker and make your way back to the main bar where you find a cage with a door that you have to enter to get to the fight. basically you cant leave till you or they get to a minimal health(5%ish) status. then reward time!

i though it would be cool if you could select up to 3 unarmed humans for fights that are all on different factions so you end up with a massive brawl in a last man standing kind of thing.

i was thinking for fight options:

multiple unarmed human fights, supermutant fights, ghoul fights and animal fights. 100 caps per human, 1000 for a mutant, 50 for a ghoul and 25 for an animal.

any other ideas are welcome!!!!!

the real way to deal with the crowd problem would be creating custom animations and sounds for the crowd so they gather around and cheer while the fight goes on, since I did not have time to do that I tried to stop them from freaking out by putting them in both the enemies and players factions so they dont get agro against any party, I think that only partially worked, I had to stop all animations on them so they stood around like dummies in my class demo. good luck