Export item properties

nasuellia

Hi all,

is there a way to export from GECK all the items properties (better to say a subset of properties on a subset of items, say "weight" layer for "clutter" category for example) in a format like csv or something similar so I can modify them in a convenient way and then re-import them? I find it's actually odd to modify every single object one by one inside GECK! Say for instance, that i want to modify the weight field for a lot of items, or weapons' damage: both cases it's crazy to do it one by one inside geck! Any alternative method apart from single-object-double-click + edit + apply, will be appreciated..

Thank you in advance for eventual replies

and have a nice day

Up!

Also if there's no way to do this, and the only one method is one by one editing, let me know! :)

an ingame script could easily change properties of many items on one page

buuut.. this is not permanent.. so the script would actually be changing the values every time the game ran sooo if any other mods/quests interact with these values you would be constantly reseting them..

if you wanted the script to change the values of a specific reference however and just save that file after the script ran, you could remove he script and the item would keep its new stats.. i think..

an ingame script could easily change properties of many items on one page

buuut.. this is not permanent.. so the script would actually be changing the values every time the game ran sooo if any other mods/quests interact with these values you would be constantly reseting them..

if you wanted the script to change the values of a specific reference however and just save that file after the script ran, you could remove he script and the item would keep its new stats.. i think..

Thanks for the reply before all.

Anyway I am not trying to write a script for that. My question was about a more covenient values-editing-mode inside geck. Suppose i want to make a mod that alters (permanently) weigths of clutters (I know there are plenty of them out there, this is just an exaple): i've been thinking that it'a crazy-thing to edit them one by one. It would take hours to do a such simple thing. I was desperatly searching for a more convenient way to do it because I noticed that the geck has an export tool, but it's only intended for dialogues, and such other things. There is an "export books" command! Why the hell they did not implement a more sophisticated export tool? :(

I was hoping I'm idiot (lol) and didn't see it. But it seems to be just like that: there is no such thing. Right? :(