Inspiration and suggestions

GreatLucifer

I'm working on a somewhat personalised mod, though eventually I'd like to release it to the public. It's main settlement is a village, the Luciferian Village (Lucifer's Mansion, or whatever comes up better before the release). I'm adding as many unique functions and items as I can think of / find. Right now, I have many extra items I found here and there, but sofar my mod relies heavily on Ghogiels Voodoo-doll and morphing 'Necronomicon'. The puppet comes in three versions:

-Puppet - with an altar and added items/stones/ingredients can summon/bind a creature(no expiration)

-Voodoo Doll - as above, needs a certain mix and an altar to be turned into the Voodoo Puppet (note: aside from being eyecandy, you can actually hit people with it. It will probably, however, just piss them off).

-Voodoo Puppet - Used to control people and creatures.

These also require a (soultrap) spell.

The morphing book is 'just' a slowly expending description of how to perform my ritual magic, with maybe later some added story.

With enough skeletal parts and certain mixes, the altar can also summon/bind many other creatures, of which the quantity is expending.

Example:

With 4 bigbones, 8 thinbones, 2 clavicles, 2 skeletal hands, a pelvis, a ribcage, a skull, human blood, cursed heart (own item), tainted soul (own soulgem) and a cast soultrap spell (all ofcourse in/at the altar), you will summon (at random) either a Bound Grim Skeleton, Bound Skeleton Mage, Bound Skeleton Archer or Bound Skeleton Guard (note: bound, not summoned)

I recently found some pentagrams (no devil; actual pentagrams) and extra creatures, so I'll keep extending the possibilities.

Main goal is to create not only more usefull magic, but also more 'realistic'.

I would love to hear any form of idea, suggestion, comment, or whatever.

Please note: I already have more than I put down here. Just can't/won't type EVERYTHING up in here....

Lucifer

Are you a master scripter? Some of your plans sound ambitious.

I think it would be cool if there was an enemy voodoo master who was using his magic on you. You would have to figure out who was doing this to you, find him, and defeat him, possibly by using your voodoo magic.

You could have your village get attacked by a bunch of righteous Crusaders and Witchhunters.

Maybe you could retexture a bunch of different colors of candles for atmosphere or perhaps to use in various spells.

The 'righteous attack' is a great idea, I'll work something out

Unfortunately, I only have the CS and can do no retexturing...

Everything above is not a plan, but what I have sofar...

Master scripter? No idea... I am on my own terrain, but that's 2D (SNES). I just started modding oblivion, but I'm getting the hang of it :)

With controlling people, I actually intented a more simplistic kind, though what you're saying about distance (not needing to be present, atleast) sounds nice, I'll start working on that. Not sure to what degree I'll succeed though...

Right now, I'm simply extending my 'ritual magic' and sacrifices and such :P is rather fun