Request for a Home

Campaigner

MAJOR EDIT;

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=31609

Thanks Dracula420 for your amazing work!

First off, I'd like to say that I do NOT currently have a computer that can play Oblivion, but I am awaiting the construction of one. I am merely getting everything ready for when I do get it so that I can play with mods and such from installation. However, despite all of the amazing mods I've found on this site and several others, I have yet to find a home I could really enjoy. Sure, there's some amazing homes, but they're just so out there, so highly detailed and intricate. It's almost disgusting how good it is, no offense to the modders. Such great work is most likely just going to be used for storage, then off the adventurer goes, probably never bothering with the home again. I can't bear to do this to a great home mod, so here I am, looking to have an experienced modder make one for me.

The exterior would be a simple cave that goes into the gound, preferably in a flat area with trees around it. There would be a door with a Daedric rune on it, much like the secret caves in the Oblivion planes. Beside the cave would be two of those pillars that look like claws, kind of like what happens after a gate to Oblivion is closed, and the ground around the cave would be scorched. The doorway would be called "Curious Runed Door"

Once the door is entered, you are treated to a named area called "The Glutton", which is a winding corridor, torch lit. It would look just like a cave's hallway, stalactites and stalagmites aplenty, darkly lit. The hallway would be an S shape roughly, lightly sloping downward. After a few seconds, you reach a room that looks like an underground castle dining room; long table with a gourmet feast on it, a chandelier on the ceiling, a few book cases to the right, and two large doors to the left. The room would look like an abandoned castle, more or less, with the walls being half cave with moss and ivy everywhere, weeds growing in the ground, and a castle touch with the wall to the left (from the entrance) being made of brick and mortar. The Bookshelves would have several books on it, several on the ground. The bookshelves would also have drawers, so you can store objects in it. There would be six chairs, three on each side of the dining room table, and one large throne-like chair on the opposite end from the entrance. To the immediate left after entering the room would be a dresser, with the contents being a necklace, a fancy dress, a fancy shirt and pants, and some high class shoes. The entire room would be dimly lit, only lit by a torch (if you are carrying one) and a candelabra on the table. Behind the throne chair, there is a small hallway with a broken wooden door, much like the regular cave doors. No light would peer through it. All clutter on the table, bookcase, dresser, and floor are up to you on what to place. The feel that a previous visitor left stuff here is what I'd be interested in seeing (After all, I'm not asking for an unused five-story villa in a nice, calm lakeside retreat, lol).

The two large doors on the left of the room (from where you enter) would lead to a similarly sized room named "The Avarice", which has some glass display cases; two long ones on the wall opposite of the doors, one medium sized one between the doors, and one on the wall parallel of the door behind the throne chair in the adjacent room. On the wall parallel of the exit, there's also a door to go down, this one looking like a Daedric doorway.

The Daedric doorway would lead to a room designed like a Daedric torture room, and would be named "The Damned", for a lack of a proper name. The floor would be covered in weeds (from no usage in ages), the walls littered with Ivy and Daedric plants, a single Daedric container (that organ-looking thing you can find in every Daedric Tower) in the center of the room, and finally a wall trap on the wall opposite of the entrance. This trap would already have a skeleton hanging on it. The room would be very dimly lit, so you can only see the container and a small portion of the floor around it, without any torch or light from the player. The container would be non-respawning, so you can store stuff in it. The skeleton on the spike trap works the same way. The clutter on the ground and placement of the Daedric plants is up to you, the modder, to decide on.

The wooden doorway behind the dining room's throne chair would lead to a simple room, named "The Distant", similar to Arkved's Tower; a rock path that leads to another door. In the room behind that door, there's a bottomless floor, a hung man in front of you (as SOON as you enter, you see a hung person), and the room is pitch dark with lighting only showing the hung man and the small block you are on. The door behind you is not supported by anything, and looks simply like a regular door floating in nothingness. The corpse can work as a container, non-respawning so you can store your stuff. The room name should be "The Forgotten".

For simplicity, here's a doodle in mspaint, attached at the bottom of the post. I hope that I've explained it properly enough to be understood. As for the books and choice of foods placed in the bookshelves, the items in the drawers, items already in the display case, and the stuff in the basement floors, I'll leave that loot up to your choice. Though, for comedy, please include the Lusty Argonian Maid somewhere. One of the funnier books right there.

EDIT; the attachments feature isn't working for me, so here's a photobucket link http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/Campaigner/RoughBlueprints.png

EDIT 2; Updated post, since I forgot some details.

making house for oblivion is not hard. i think you should install tes construction set, and make your own home. trust me its not hard. i will post you a link for one good house making tutorial on youtube. other people can make you a house, but when you make it its diferent, you just feal good because you know its your own creation. you can use vanila elements and make a great house or cave or even castle.

here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LWXyLMywKk&feature=related

yep you could make your own with the cs or if your don't want to, or cant learn the cs you can always look through the ones released under the housing section i recommend korana's work her houses have tons of things to do in them

shadowcrest vineyard

clamshell cottage

Millstone Farm

and for shivering isles if you have it

The Hall of Blissful Dreams

them are some of my most used ( aside from my own creation) homes

hope this helped

this doesn't look too hard at all. and uses only Vanilla objects. i really like the evil simplicity of it. i will start working on this tonight. give me a few days and i will have something to show you. any other details i should know?

Dracula420; Actually, yeah, I do have a few details I forgot to post. Will edit them into the first post after this one.

Cave Door name; Curious Runed Door

Main Room name (The hallway and Dining area); The Glutton

Display Case Room name; The Avarice

Daedric Room name; The Damned

Walkway to Hangman room ; The Distant

Hangman Room name ; The Forgotten

As for flower arrangement in the Daedric room and Dining room plants and clutter (respectively), that's up to you how you want it to look. Just don't make those whipping plants kill me when I walk into the daedric room if you add them lol. Also, if you don't mind, have all doors inside named "Doorway", chairs named "Chair", bookshelves named "Bookshelves", etc. No fancy names for anything but the rooms themselves, basically. Simplicity is best, after all. I hope my way of writing it up lets you "see" the design in your head, and that my odd request can paint an image that is easily understood. I look forward to your handiwork! Also, since I still can't play the game right now, some screencaps of the finished product would be awesome, that way I can drool and have a more valid complaint, other than for college purposes, for my new computer to hurry up.

xXShadowTXx; as I said in this post, these few details I forgot to add, and screenshots of your work would be awesome to see too.

Thanks to both of you for taking up my request, and I can't wait to see the completed project. I'll be checking back every so often for updates and replies, if any. I'll try to answer any questions you may have when applicable.

Yeah i can see how you want everything. this is going to be cool as hell! you want any Cobl stuff, alchemy sorter, luggage spot, etc?

EDIT: oh yeah where in tamriel do you want the entance located?

does it need pathgriding for companion use?

do you want a bed or bedroll somewhere to sleep and level up?

Sorry for slow replies, I'm off and on doing all sorts of stuff IRL.

Cobl? Alchemy Sorter? Luggage? I have no clue what those are about, haven't played for a year due to bad laptop and lack of job.

The location can be wherever. Just out in the woods somewhere, not easily found unless you happen upon it (ULTRA HARD FUN MODE; don't give directions or a travel-to option)

I don't use companion mods, as there's not any I like (No offense to the makers of any companions)

I forgot about the bedroll, woops. Uh...next to the skeleton in the Daedric room, I guess. (Fun mode; put that spitting plant from Oblivion next to the bed. The one that does the yellow gas that slows you down or something. Best wakeup spray ever)

Cobl Download Page it adds a lot of cool stiff to the game and is considered a very large modders resource. using content from it is is pretty simple too. you should bookmark it for future use since a lot of mods require it now for the menus/options features it has.