Player only animations?

Sorrow421

Hi guys I'm in deep need of help.can anyone tell me how to make an animation only usable to the player?I have searched the whole net to find a tutorial about this,I found many tutorials about animating but not for this they didn't even mentioned about what I searched :wallbash: .For instance Umpa Sexy Walk is only for the player not the npcs too.So if someone could help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Sorrow_42

All you have to do is add it to the PC's anim slot. Look at that mod. It should only change one record. NPCs are not affected by that record being changed. The animations for affecting the PC and NPCs are very much separate.

Could you be more specific like if you were talking to a noob :P well I kinda am.If its not big trouble.The only slot with animations i see is in the cs I open the Player NPC and open the animation tab.Cant find any PC slots :/

Could you be more specific like if you were talking to a noob :P well I kinda am.If its not big trouble.The only slot with animations i see is in the cs I open the Player NPC and open the animation tab.Cant find any PC slots :/

Download TES4Edit, and look at that mod with it. You only need to look at the player record, and you should see that the path to the PC's animation is changed.

Download TES4Edit, and look at that mod with it. You only need to look at the player record, and you should see that the path to the PC's animation is changed.

Thanks you sooooo much you saved me I did what I wanted to I am in your debt thanks again and god bless you!

Kudos!

• 3 months later...

i think my problem is something very like this. i want very badly to have player-only animations for DMC stylish. i am aware that it SAYS it has an option for this - the specialanims esp, but that simply does not work for me as intended. all NPCs have the special animations, and if i put the animations files in the Specialanims folder, nobody - including myself - has them. What is wrong, anyone? can tes4edit help me here? i tried to edit th ESM there, and deleted the conflicts where it said it was changing NPC animations, but this also had no effect whatsoever. Any ideas, anyone? im very frustrated with this, because one of the intended functions of the ESM is to do exactly this, and it is failing utterly.

EDIT: i tried doing what you said above, and something must be terribly wrong, because to me it makes NO SENSE< but the OP managed to get it done. when i open the mod with tes4edit, there is nothign like a "player record". there is a cryptic NPC entry that seems to be describing the an individual. nowhere except there are the animations mentioned, and certain it does not appear to be that the player and the NPC animations are different in the elast, considering i can modify both instantly with the removal or addition of a single file. please, someone, tell me what is wrong here.

Isn't there a mod that keeps animations to players only. I think it's called Mao Animations... or something like that.

Mayu's Animation Overhaul. http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=19796

yeah, that's the one. Thanks documn. Couldn't remember the exact title to it. I don't use it myself personally, but I believe it does what is being looked for.