Fable - The Lost Chapters

The Extreme TES

Hey guys i started to play some game called Fable its really awesome...You start like a little boy who wants to buy present for the sisters birthday...And youre father tells you to do 3 good deeds and he will give you money for present...After that you go to youre sister...Just after you get her a present bandits show up and destroy youre village...The guy from "Heroes Guild" called Maze saves you and invites you to join guild ...To become a hero...You trained there for years...You forgot about youre village...You were finally prepared to get trough the world and doing good deeds..But in youre journey you discover youre not the only survivor...That the....Second survivor is youre sister...

So i wanted to ask you what you think about the game...? :biggrin:

Old, and excruciatingly linear. Same systems as the Xbox game, where as you improve in stats and skills you go from a normal looking person into a giant, hulking, bald freak with glowing veins. Other than that, worth a few hours of entrainment and offers some limited modding potential.

The original Fable was amazing back when it first came out (only because it was the first RPG I had ever played properly). Looking back at it now, it does seem a bit crap. I bought it for PC off of Ebay and I wish I could get my money back. It isn't as good as I remember.

Fable 2 was awesome though. Looking forward to Fable 3.

I actually really like Fable. I used to play it loads when I was younger. Sure, its not an amazing game - and it was massively over-hyped - but for what it is (a fun, linear RPG), its not too bad. I quite like the way your character changes depending on your stats, age, how good/evil you are, and how much food you eat. It had quite a few neat little details like that, which (combined with the ability to buy houses, rent them out, get married, etc) makes it an interesting hybrid - an open-world RPG, in a linear format.

Doesn't stand up to the likes of Morrowind etc, but a decent game nonetheless.