Morrigan's Baby

Lehcar

Of course, I wasn't saying that she HAD Asperger's, I'm merely using it as an analogy for her behaviour, admittedly it is more extreme than AS. As for the shapeshifting, humans are far more complicated than the animals she observes in the Wilds, the closest she'd probably come to is probably from the wolves or pack animals, and even then it is several steps down from human communication. Take into account that not only is that the extent of her relating to any other form of life, she is raised by an abomination who has a severely skewed perception of things, and I highly suspect Flemeth's extended life has only made her more unstable and more manipulative in her upbringing of Morrigan. While we (mostly) play the game attempting to help everyone and anyone as much as possible, Flemeth and Morrigan are those who advocate helping others when there is something to gain from it themselves. I half-suspect her leaving the Warden has something to do with that, either A) she is doing the PC a favour by leaving (if you romance her and she is in love with you she tells you you will regret it) or B) sees her leaving as the best for both parties, minimalising the complications/problems they'll face (Imagine if she had been caught up in the events of Awakenings, raising your child in Amaranthine/Vigil's Keep when the darkspawn attack at the end of the game)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its actually a case of a LOT of stuff that was cut, or didnt make it into the game. I'm definitely not the first to point out that there are a LOT of files in the toolset that are marked with "TBD" (To Be Done) which don't link to anything. Meaning, that they never got included.

From the interview with Gaider on the Morrigan Comic, that a lot of the scene from the night before the final battler that he wanted included, didnt make it. They were never satisfied with how the scenes looked, and then ran out of time to make the release date. So they ended up leaving it on the cutting room floor.

Some of the other stuff probably for similar reasons, or perhaps MAYBE because of size limitations for the gamedeck systems? (completely guessing there...)

But yeah... unfortunately, there's a lot that went on that only the staff and actors really know about. :sad:

Terra Ex was able to recreate a small portion of some of the Morrigan Dialog. Tho as far as the scenes go, she didnt have anything to work with. Her mod is located here- http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1120

Too true, we can only imagine what the DR (or the entire game for that matter) would have really looked like if time was not the issue.

And DWolf, Terra Ex is a he

Well, unfortunately (and its really pissing me off, cause I've tried it 6 times now!) my game decides to go and crash when the epilogues start up. However, if you do a search on yahoo or google, you can shift thru the thousands of posts, and find references where ppl have complained, or commented that Morrigan is still pregnant, despite not having completed the ritual.

So.

But yeah, I do have to agree, that the vanilla morph they used for Mora wasn't all that. The makeup was horrible, and they did a poor job of shaping/sizing her eyes. And tbh, looks NOTHING like the RL model that they patterned (!?) her after. Tho the sacred ashes version is considerably better looking, IMO.

Myself, I think the only real screw up with Morrigan by BW was all the scenes and content that was CUT from the game regarding her. Which denies us a great deal of the stuff that the Actors know about her, that we don't. and doesnt give us the full insight as to why so many of them fell so in love with the ideal of her character.

Regardless... my opinion is that she'll be back in DA2. I've stated the reasons for that, on more than one occassion, so why do so yet again.

I totally agree with you about her appearance. Honestly, I wonder, "What the heck was the point of bringing in a real live model if the finished char looks absolutely nothing like her??" Aie. :ermm:

And I also totally agree with you about the cut scenes. I real wish they'd just left that stuff in there, would made things a lot better with her character development in the story.

But nonetheless, romancing her made for a very interesting story experience... even though her ditching of my char at the end was really spirit crushing. I just hope she'll be good to the little one. :wacko:

I totally agree with you about her appearance. Honestly, I wonder, "What the heck was the point of bringing in a real live model if the finished char looks absolutely nothing like her??" Aie. :ermm:

Having read/listened to some of the devs talking about the process, it seems to me that the main reason for the RL models was to give the team RL reference points for creating the animations, especially for the facial expressions, (which were mostly implemented as changes in brows, mouth, and head angle) and the posture/gestures for various actions.

There was no real intent to make the character *look* like the models, rather it was to make the characters *behavior* look like the models'. That they choose women who approximated the writers' general impressions of the characters was probably deliberate so as to make the mental translation that much easier, but that's about as far as it went. Interstingly, I have not found any mention of the specific male models they used, but I assume there were some.

As I have mentioned before, I think Corinne Kempa (voice of Leliana) is a much better visual match for my own image of Morrigan than Victorria Johnson, (or Claudia Black, for that matter! :whistling: )

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/imageshare/images/1678793-1272910814.jpg

See more at: [http://www.corinnekempa.com/#/photos/4539626015]

(Clickable at: http://www.corinnekempa.com/#/photos/4539626015

Having read/listened to some of the devs talking about the process, it seems to me that the main reason for the RL models was to give the team RL reference points for creating the animations, especially for the facial expressions, (which were mostly implemented as changes in brows, mouth, and head angle) and the posture/gestures for various actions.

There was no real intent to make the character *look* like the models, rather it was to make the characters *behavior* look like the models'. That they choose women who approximated the writers' general impressions of the characters was probably deliberate so as to make the mental translation that much easier, but that's about as far as it went. Interstingly, I have not found any mention of the specific male models they used, but I assume there were some.

As I have mentioned before, I think Corinne Kempa (voice of Leliana) is a much better visual match for my own image of Morrigan than Victorria Johnson, (or Claudia Black, for that matter! :whistling: )

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/imageshare/images/1678793-1272910814.jpg

See more at: [http://www.corinnekempa.com/#/photos/4539626015]

(Clickable at: http://www.corinnekempa.com/#/photos/4539626015

You're in love with Corrinne Kempa!

Let's just say, "Enchanted!" :P

But t'was her voice, (in English and French) that worked the spell. Hadn't even learned her name, much less seen a picture, and I was already smitten. Coming across her homepage and seeing how closely she matched my mental image of Morri was a total (and pleasant) surprise!

Let's just say, "Enchanted!" :P

But t'was her voice, (in English and French) that worked the spell. Hadn't even learned her name, much less seen a picture, and I was already smitten. Coming across her homepage and seeing how closely she matched my mental image of Morri was a total (and pleasant) surprise!

Yes, she does have an insanely nice voice.

I dig her voice. I prefer the English one to the French; her French one is just too generic.