Morrigan's Baby

Lehcar

Hmm... not sure what to say bout that one. I totally don't trust her with something as delicate as a baby, though. But, I suppose it's not like I have any real choice. Only way I can become a proper hero, and not be rewarded with an extremely lame a$$ funeral scene in the middle of some barren field out in the boonies. :pinch:

I'm wondering though, even though she's a mage, is there any chance the baby will have any magical abilities if the father is a dwarf? Are magic-genes dominant, or will Papa Dwarf's magic-resistant DNA automatically cancel it out?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Taint cancels out the Dwarf's non-magical nature. Dwarves in DA have no connection to the Fade; they don't dream, and can't do magic. Genlock's (tainted Dwarves) tainted blood allows Genlock Emisaries to do magic, as it gives them a connection to the Fade. The baby has the taint from a Grey Warden and is possessed by an old god; it will be able to do magic, even if it's a half Dwarf.

@Stardusk- That character is entirely too complex, with too many facetts, to judge by D&D alignments. She bounces ALL over the board as far as her personality traits go.

@Lehcar- technically.... she never said that she wants to be a mother. Only that she wants to bare the child. We dont really know what she has in mind for it, beyond it's birth.

Besides... whether she really, really wants to or not.... she's convinced that that is the role that she is have. To have the kid. Something that she believes in enough to give up and sacrifice anything and everything else for.

hmmm.... kinda like the wardens purpose to end the blights...no matter what? definitely different goals, and different perspectives...but same dedication.

Well sure, but it's just a tendency I am citing...

Stardusk- no prob :wink:

Old Book- Some very, very, very good points.

Tho, to be honest... I am almost willing to put down money that when Bioware unveils the godchild that it's either going to be human, or something not of any of the races.

Stardusk- no prob :wink:

Old Book- Some very, very, very good points.

Tho, to be honest... I am almost willing to put down money that when Bioware unveils the godchild that it's either going to be human, or something not of any of the races.

Yes, it will be human...but the biggest joke of all could be it...fading into obscurity...hehe.

How do you know it'll only be a plain old human? I know human DNA is dominant over elf DNA, meaning that any elf-human hybrid will just be a normal human, but it never says anything about how it works with dwarf DNA.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22/mudbloodkiller/evil-baby.jpg

This is Morrigan's love child but it is in its human form. When she isn't around it would have a demon head and perform evil deeds like steeling candy from a baby.

How do you know it'll only be a plain old human? I know human DNA is dominant over elf DNA, meaning that any elf-human hybrid will just be a normal human, but it never says anything about how it works with dwarf DNA.

Well, it may not be a "plain" human, but I'm still willing to bet that it will be "humanesque". Either that or something dragconic or demonic.

I say that cause I dont see them making three different mesh/texture sets, for one character, unless it can shapeshift. Even then (such as say... Flemeth) they still re-used an existing model for it's alternate form. And since humans are the prevailant race in DA, I'm going with it being humanish.

Personal opinion here- if they use the human boy/girl models, and it ends up being a boy.... if it ends up looking like that ugly chit Conner, I'm giving up on them (Bioware).

• 2 weeks later...

Abominations don't seem to care what DNA is what so long as they are in control. And that is pretty much what an Old God taking over the mind/body (or however you describe it) of an embryo is.

As for what Morrigan want to do, well I suspect the specifics would be undecided but the chance to have a powerful Old God consider you their kin, their mother even, well that opens up possibilities.

As for who it would look like, well it's too much of a pain for the code to work out who the father was in the last game, and what they looked like, so the sensible option would be for the child to have his/her mother's looks. Or maybe his/her grandmother's.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22/mudbloodkiller/evil-baby.jpg

This is Morrigan's love child but it is in its human form. When she isn't around it would have a demon head and perform evil deeds like steeling candy from a baby.

I lol'd! :biggrin: