Morrigan's Baby

Lehcar

It's cannon, straight from David Gaider. The child of an Elf and a Human is Human. Fiona talks about it in The Calling.

dude i have a question the DA writer said that The child of an Elf and a Human is Human. which pertains to allister right? what about zevran isn't zev's mother a dalish elf and he's father a human wood cutter at least that's how i remember it in the dialogue . so how come he is an elf? I'm just curious.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's cannon, straight from David Gaider. The child of an Elf and a Human is Human. Fiona talks about it in The Calling.

dude i have a question the DA writer said that The child of an Elf and a Human is Human. which pertains to allister right? what about zevran isn't zev's mother a dalish elf and he's father a human wood cutter at least that's how i remember it in the dialogue . so how come he is an elf? I'm just curious.

Dunno. :)

His mother was a angel. Maybe the woodcutter was an Elf, or maybe his father was someone else?

Dunno. :)

His mother was a angel. Maybe the woodcutter was an Elf, or maybe his father was someone else?

Bioware=game mechanics, not story consistency.... :happy:

• 2 weeks later...
At the time of the deed morrigan said she wants a child she can raise how she chooses. She goes on to say the spirit of an old god should be preserved. Morrigan has never made it a secret that she's interested in power. And with Flemeth dead and Morrigans found knowlege of how she stayed alive that child would be a might nice new host :thumbsup:

I totally agree with many, Morrigan was most likely made to sleep with and entice chasind men for powers/blood mage rituals, but she has never learned love, even from flemeth herself.... Flemeth taught her that power and survival have meaning not the emotional bonds that grasp and [ weaken in her mind] people.

That being i think she does fall in love with the GW's either romantically or in a sibling sort of way. I dont care who you are, when a person is finally shown love, care, tenderness, something inside melts [ unless they are simply psycho!!! lol ]

As to her purpose, seh says she will raise the child as her own and teach it to respect that which it came from... meaning herself, via Flemeths previous training, AND yes i truly think she intends to possess it as her mother meant to herself eventually. Love for the warden is one thing, but survival and power of and old god as part of herself? well hard core training is very hard to overwrite.

I would like to imagine we get a chance to save the child or that perhaps the architet steals it etc. It kept asking where the child was .... perhaps it wasnt alistair he was referring to , but his son?? [ if he is the one d oing the DR with morrigan i mean.} so mb the darkspawn will kill or alter the child whom knows.... or maybe we can rescue it and raise it with the love Morrigan only knew once?! Or maybe Morrigan herself will! teehee { i doubt it }

I highly doubt Morrigan intends to possess the child:

1. She seems genuinely horrified at the prospect of being possessed. It seems highly unlikely that she will attempt such a thing herself.

2. Flemeth's soul is a combination of hers and the demon within her. So it would not be a problem for her to possess an ordinary human's body through the ritual, she has sufficient power to do so without destroying her own soul. Remember what Riordan says about two souls being unable to inhabit the same body. In Flemeth's case she's an Abomination of sorts, so she should have the means to overcome this "rule" that normal humans (and mages) cannot. Take into mind that this is also the soul of an Old God we're talking about. It would take incredible amounts of power to destroy it without losing yout own soul in the process.

I just had this conversation with Zevran in the game, and he says his mother had fallen for an elven woodcutter.