Morrigan's Baby

Lehcar

These are all good points. Has anyone recently played the part of the ritual with TerraEx's dialogue patch installed? I am on a character now to reach that point, but will take me a while. I wonder if there is dialogue restored there that might shed some light on the nature of the baby and the Ritual itself.

No, you are our final hope in this regard; our fate rests on your shoulders. Do not let us down! :thumbsup:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen it. It has a lot more and brings it to what it was originally intended. TerraEx's adds a lot of lost vo's and scenes in the game.

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1120

Here if anyone else is interested

It's definitely worth the install. I still have Orzammar and the quest for the Urn before I can get to Denerim. What I was wondering is does this shed more light on the subject of Morrigan's child, or are we still left to speculation? My HN is already finished, and after talking to TerraEx he's already way past the point to get the effectiveness of the patch she made, so my Dalish elf is the one I am working to finding out what Morrigan says. I'm also romancing Morrigan for only the second time to perhaps get more insight about the Ritual.

These are all good points. Has anyone recently played the part of the ritual with TerraEx's dialogue patch installed? I am on a character now to reach that point, but will take me a while. I wonder if there is dialogue restored there that might shed some light on the nature of the baby and the Ritual itself.

Sadly the ritual scene itself was the most compromised part of the final game. Gaider stated there were supposed to be ritual variant scenes for a romancing & friendly warden that had specific dialogue for those who romanced her/befriended her. These got cut - completely, so we get a one size fits all Dark Ritual. Heck, he also mentioned there was supposed to be at least some element of magic involved as well, but this was apparently too taxing for them to add as well.

I did restore I think one branch of dialogue to the ritual, which allows you to ask her why she never mentioned it earlier iirc as well as fixing bugs where a female warden could do the ritual herself :unsure: But sadly, there's nothing more to work with in the Dark Ritual scene - it was cut down & no great revelations are hidden in the dialogue... The closest thing you can hope for is the comic that Gaider & Aimo collaborated on, which attempted to show a softer, more caring side to Morrigan, undoubtedly a scene that was planned for the game.- http://blog.bioware.com/2010/03/01/dragon-age-the-revelation-comic/

So yeah, its the one scene in the game where those who romanced her were expecting some kind of recognition for their efforts, but we get naught but disappointment unfortunately. People have speculated that she's out of character in the ritual scene, or that she's been possessed by Flemeth etc, the common consensus on the Morrigan thread over on the bioware forums is that the ritual scene was essentially hacked together to compensate for said cuts, hence her demeanor toward the warden throughout the scene. Based on Gaider's comments in the above comic, its the logical assumption. With regards to the baby itself though, its obviously a plot hammer moment to be used in a potential sequel and the choices you have available don't allow you to ask any meaningful questions. It's accepted that Flemeth will return for example, then how does it make sense for Morrigan to say, "yep I'm going off solo, don't follow me..." while the threat of Flemeth remains. Surely it would be a smarter idea to allow the warden to stick around considering he's already taken her down once before.

Whatever the case, the Flemeth/Morrigan plot thread is one of the main reasons I'd like to reprise my role as the warden in DA2, but that's a whole other rant and I've bored you enough already :)

I hope the devil child tears its way out of her rotten swamp-water filled uterus and kills her in the process. Or just ends up turning insane and killing her at some point. Hate that ugly, evil, black hearted b*tch.

I think her ending up dying at the hands of the Urthemiel reborn would be epic awesome story fodder.

But then again, why does the Warden HAVE to have sex with her? Why can't he just ejaculate into a cup and then give it to her to syringe into her swamp disease ridden vag*na so the Warden doesn't have to get his penis covered in her foul slime...

I hope the devil child tears its way out of her rotten swamp-water filled uterus and kills her in the process. Or just ends up turning insane and killing her at some point. Hate that ugly, evil, black hearted b*tch.

I think her ending up dying at the hands of the Urthemiel reborn would be epic awesome story fodder.

But then again, why does the Warden HAVE to have sex with her? Why can't he just ejaculate into a cup and then give it to her to syringe into her swamp disease ridden vag*na so the Warden doesn't have to get his penis covered in her foul slime...

Wow, I think a cat fight between you and well...just about any other woman in existence would be awesome! :thumbsup:

I'd pay a lot to watch...

Well I've only romanced her as a human male mage so far, and I'm just angry at her for breaking his poor heart and leaving him for no reason. :sad:

But such vitriol; that takes talent!

It all needs to happen so there can be a good DA2...it's for the greater good!

I'd be interested in knowing if anybody has seen any released information on when the sequel is supposed to take place too.

I mean, so far BW's habit seems to be of things happening within a fairly continuous timeframe.

We can only guess as to how she's going to react to the player, if she's in DA2. (which, they'd be FOOLS not to put her in. And considering that she was on almost every piece of artwork that was released for production, I'd say chances are real high that she'll be returning. That, and well... the kid was a HUGE cliffhanger....)

Obviously, part of the interaction is gonna depend of if it's a ported savegame, or a new character.

All I can say... is that it better be more than that peck on the cheek that I heard about from Al in DAA!!