Morrigan's Baby

Lehcar

I'd be interested in knowing if anybody has seen any released information on when the sequel is supposed to take place too.

I mean, so far BW's habit seems to be of things happening within a fairly continuous timeframe.

We can only guess as to how she's going to react to the player, if she's in DA2. (which, they'd be FOOLS not to put her in. And considering that she was on almost every piece of artwork that was released for production, I'd say chances are real high that she'll be returning. That, and well... the kid was a HUGE cliffhanger....)

Obviously, part of the interaction is gonna depend of if it's a ported savegame, or a new character.

All I can say... is that it better be more than that peck on the cheek that I heard about from Al in DAA!!

Well that's the thing DarkeWolf, unless it is our existing characters that encounter her again, any answers that she provides to a new, completely unrelated PC will be meaningless. Bioware have stated that she will be back in the future, however imo, its got to be the existing warden who meets up with her & dealing with the consequences for it to have any kind of impact. Much of fans current frustration comes from the fact that Bioware have said nothing regarding where DA2 is going...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested in knowing if anybody has seen any released information on when the sequel is supposed to take place too.

I mean, so far BW's habit seems to be of things happening within a fairly continuous timeframe.

We can only guess as to how she's going to react to the player, if she's in DA2. (which, they'd be FOOLS not to put her in. And considering that she was on almost every piece of artwork that was released for production, I'd say chances are real high that she'll be returning. That, and well... the kid was a HUGE cliffhanger....)

Obviously, part of the interaction is gonna depend of if it's a ported savegame, or a new character.

All I can say... is that it better be more than that peck on the cheek that I heard about from Al in DAA!!

Well that's the thing DarkeWolf, unless it is our existing characters that encounter her again, any answers that she provides to a new, completely unrelated PC will be meaningless. Bioware have stated that she will be back in the future, however imo, its got to be the existing warden who meets up with her & dealing with the consequences for it to have any kind of impact. Much of fans current frustration comes from the fact that Bioware have said nothing regarding where DA2 is going...

I have a theory that all this talk of 2/11, etc....is really just hype for the anime thing and not the game...think about it; they would need tons of time and dedication to do justice to the first DA and I reckon they would need at least 2 years for that.

Where exactly did we get info that Morrigan will be in DA2? She could show up in DLC, just as Leliana now will. Where did we get info that DA2 will feature the same Warden as DA:O? Just because ME2 features the same Shepard doesn't mean the Dragon Age sereis must follow suit. KOTOR didn't. NWN2 didn't. Where did we get any info that the protagonist of DA2 will even be a Grey Warden? Unless they plan to shoot the timeline forward at least 20 years so that there is a certain amount of time allowed for the darkspwan to create a new Blight (which would make the Warden a flat-out necessity, as they are in DA:O).

Everything about the game is pure speculation right now. I'm not saying that Morrigan won't be in DA2 and that the main character won't be the Warden from DA:O, but Bioware has been utterly close mouthed about this since we started asking questions (rightfully so! I don't want to be spoiled about the game more than a full year before the next major release, which may or may not be the sequel game) and we know nothing.

Frankly, since my Warden almost always tell Morrigan she's insane if she thought he'd agree to something that reeks of stupidity like her ritual does, any inclusion of the Demon Child in a sequel would already be incompatible with my game saves.

The first thing we need is information as to which (if any) of the possible endings are going to be considered cannon. We have none, whatsoever. And they may leave it that way, and the next game in the series will be built in a manner that leaves the outcome of the Fifth Blight vague (like, for instance, if the next game occurs a century or more later).

There is a reason why she is coming back; it is already been confirmed that Flemeth and Morrigan are returning for DA2. Plus it is BioWare's story, if people want their characters so bad (which many do) then they would bring them back. If you want to start new then make a new character, same principle as Awakening.

Edit:

1. Nether Kotor 2 nor NWN2 were made by BW but it's close friend Obsidian Entertainment, so that point is invalid.

2. BG series continued with your character as well.

There is a reason why she is coming back; it is already been confirmed that Flemeth and Morrigan are returning for DA2.

Oh? I've looked for this information. Where did you see it? And who said it?

In a interview in a gaming website with one of the cast members (Kate Mulgrew I think) and in the official forums by one of the senior members of the team. I don't remember when as it was a long time ago and probably don't have the site with me as well. So you need to look it up.

Do you think the kid will end up become an insane monster or something? That's what I'm hoping.

Man, you really hate her don't you Lehcar?

I just think it would make a really good villain background story :sweat: :tongue: