Morrigan's Baby

Lehcar

I don't think the child will be the main point at all, what if our Warden never romanced Morrigan or did the Dark Ritual? How would we then justify the child being there to begin with? Especially if the game is going to have us import our Warden. Even if it didn't, there'd just be a disparity for those of us who didn't do the DR and never romanced Morrigan.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the child will be the main point at all, what if our Warden never romanced Morrigan or did the Dark Ritual? How would we then justify the child being there to begin with? Especially if the game is going to have us import our Warden. Even if it didn't, there'd just be a disparity for those of us who didn't do the DR and never romanced Morrigan.

I would guess that they expect us to justify it the same way we justify a resurrected warden in awakenings. Not a problem for me as one more night in the sack with Morri is not objectionable. Even if I haven't romanced her, my character does the ritual because like all living things, he doesn't want to die. Hmmm... sex or certain death... I choose sex! :biggrin:

I would guess that they expect us to justify it the same way we justify a resurrected warden in awakenings. Not a problem for me as one more night in the sack with Morri is not objectionable. Even if I haven't romanced her, my character does the ritual because like all living things, he doesn't want to die. Hmmm... sex or certain death... I choose sex! :biggrin:

There is a huge difference between Morrigan's child and the resurrected Warden. In the latter case the player chooses to resurrect the Warden and play the game with a broken storyline. It is not a forced decision. If you sacrifice your Warden you should accept the fact that its storyline ends there. With Morrigan's child the player has chosen not to do the ritual. It is in many ways the best choice because you will avoid future trouble with the Old God at a relatively small cost. Alistair or Loghain has been sacrificed to kill the archdemon and the player should not have to suffer a broken storyline because he made these choices if it is at all avoidable and it is easily avoidable.

For many players the choice will not be between sex or certain death. I had to choose once between letting Morrigan have a tainted baby with Loghain who had just told me that he was more than willing to sacrifice himself to destroy the dragon. It would have been ridiculous on all accounts for that Warden to accept Morrigan's offer in those circumstances. If BioWare does not allow continuity regarding Morrigan's baby it would be a huge let down for many many players.

I think that most players on at least one of their many playthoughs have done the ritual. All it takes is once. Sure you turned her down every other time but that one time justifies the existence of that baby in the sequel. Those that never ever did the ritual are missing out by their own choice on one of the game's possibilities thereby dooming their enjoyment of the sequel.

I just want to find out what kind of creature Urthemial reborn will turn out to be, and if it will be benevolent or not... because the ending with Morrigan's "ritual" leaves the most interesting possibility for a sequel so they can't possibly leave that out, can they? I also really want to know WHY she had to run away into the wilderness with it, even if she was in love with the Warden...

I also really wonder what happens if the Warden slept with her at some point, but turned down her ritual, and yet survived at the end by allowing Alistair or Loghain to take the sacrifice. She ends up being pregnant anyway if that's how you do it... so I wonder, since she's left with a normal child that has nothing special about it, you refused to give her a god baby, what's she going to do with it then?

I just want to find out what kind of creature Urthemial reborn will turn out to be, and if it will be benevolent or not... because the ending with Morrigan's "ritual" leaves the most interesting possibility for a sequel so they can't possibly leave that out, can they? I also really want to know WHY she had to run away into the wilderness with it, even if she was in love with the Warden...

I also really wonder what happens if the Warden slept with her at some point, but turned down her ritual, and yet survived at the end by allowing Alistair or Loghain to take the sacrifice. She ends up being pregnant anyway if that's how you do it... so I wonder, since she's left with a normal child that has nothing special about it, you refused to give her a god baby, what's she going to do with it then?

'Swamp water filled uterus'...can't get that one out of my head. :confused:

I think that most players on at least one of their many playthoughs have done the ritual. All it takes is once. Sure you turned her down every other time but that one time justifies the existence of that baby in the sequel.

This is not a logical conclusion at all. Are you on this forum because in a parallel universe you are not on this forum? It makes no sense. No, you are on this forum as a result of actions in the past in this universe. In the same way the sequel should keep in mind the different choices that may have been made in the past to give the player a personalized world that reflects these choices and not the choices that were *not* made.

Those that never ever did the ritual are missing out by their own choice on one of the game's possibilities thereby dooming their enjoyment of the sequel.

Turn this argument around and it is just as true, so it is a meaningless argument. It would be vastly superior if BioWare accomodated both choices so no one has their enjoyment doomed.

There is a huge difference between Morrigan's child and the resurrected Warden. In the latter case the player chooses to resurrect the Warden and play the game with a broken storyline. It is not a forced decision. If you sacrifice your Warden you should accept the fact that its storyline ends there. With Morrigan's child the player has chosen not to do the ritual. It is in many ways the best choice because you will avoid future trouble with the Old God at a relatively small cost. Alistair or Loghain has been sacrificed to kill the archdemon and the player should not have to suffer a broken storyline because he made these choices if it is at all avoidable and it is easily avoidable.

For many players the choice will not be between sex or certain death. I had to choose once between letting Morrigan have a tainted baby with Loghain who had just told me that he was more than willing to sacrifice himself to destroy the dragon. It would have been ridiculous on all accounts for that Warden to accept Morrigan's offer in those circumstances. If BioWare does not allow continuity regarding Morrigan's baby it would be a huge let down for many many players.

In the alternate endings, Morrigan still ends up pregnant. Even if you dont do the ritual, and the warden dies, she still ends up in Orlais, pregnant. It's right there on your screen if the warden dies.

In the alternate endings, Morrigan still ends up pregnant. Even if you dont do the ritual, and the warden dies, she still ends up in Orlais, pregnant. It's right there on your screen if the warden dies.

I loaded my post-coronation from the game where I sacrificed Loghain to the dragon. I transcribed the passages in the epilogue where it describes the fate of Morrigan. There are two slides.

1: "True to her word, Morrigan vanished the same night she made her offer at Redcliffe Castle. Someone of Morrigan's description was later seen travelling alone, heading west through the Frostback Mountains."

2: "Several years later, tales out of Orlais said that a strange, dark-haired mage had implied herself within the empress's court."

As you can see, there is no mention of a child. Instead, it mentions that she is travelling alone. You can probably understand then why I think your words describe a state of affairs that is demonstrably false.

Either suffer a fate worse than death and have someone's soul get destroyed, or have you, your boyfriend, your friend, or the queen's father sleep with an impregnating creepy girl with a child that could grow up to be a danger to the whole world for all we know... horrid choice to make. http://thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/Dark/down.gif

also I don't understand why guys are so attracted to Morrigan. frankly, I think her personality stinks and she's really ugly (in vanilla game anyway).