What is your opinion of the Chantry...

SpellAndShield

Perhaps not her (Leliana), but I would suspect another (hopefully in future releases of the game) will start a sort of protestant revolution similar to Martin Luther, possibly not only causing a major religious war, but would be interesting if it times in with another blight making the people really challenge not their belief system, but the leaders of their religion.

Maybe there should be a new religion in Thedas. Lelianaism! I'll call dibs to be Grand Clerk :teehee: !

Sorry to post this late (One more day and it would have been necroposted)

To the serious issue of the Chantry. Normally I don't go into posts like these but I would like to say that the Chantry concept is well done in my opinion (personally I feel that DA is one of BW better franchises) and the comparisons to the Catholic Church is fell founded (not off track with RL). For a religion that suppose to show tolerance to others (yea right) the Chantry is not doing a good job. They all are misusing their power (this will be shown in greater detail in DA2) for their own purposes and demonise smaller ethic groups because they don't fit with their ideals. If DA2 is better than the first, I would do anything in my power to destroy the Chantry once and for all because I find it hypocritical that they follow someone who wants freedom for all races and tolerance while at the same time they force feed Templars with Lyrium and hunt the apostates and non-believers who don't conform to their views. This is where I cut off before my blood boils :dry: :mad: :verymad: :pinch: :wallbash:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe there should be a new religion in Thedas. Lelianaism! I'll call dibs to be Grand Clerk :teehee: !

Great idea! But shouldn't that be "Grand Cleric"?!? :tongue:

Interesting notion about Leli (accidently?) founding a herticial branch of the faith. You, know, one in which the Maker speaks to each individual. This, as opposed to the Flemeth/Morrigan "What Maker?!" heresy.

'Course it's almost too easy to make comparisons with RL historical events and institutions. Would want/hope BioWare to be more creative about these things. If they can't make Templars and Revered Mothers sympathetic, or at least understandable, (a-la Loghain); if they're "just" the bad guys, then it won't be much fun.

Speaking of Templars, imagine a society trying to fight back against things like the Conner/Demon. Isolde may have been incredibly foolish, (not not mention incredibly self-centered and ill-mannered. Oh, and grating to the ear!) But Teagan knew what was at stake, and didn't really protest very much when I agreed with Alistair that Possessed Conner should be killed, and quickly! (Ok, Ok, I don't do it. I let his mother sacrifice herself instead. Even Eamon doesn't seem too broken up about that afterwards...)

Oh yeah. Must have not concentrated during typing. You could be my second in command and Leliana could be the Divine.

Oh yeah. Must have not concentrated during typing. You could be my second in command and Leliana could be the Divine.

Deal! BTW, the formal title for that position is: "Softie". :yes:

Someone should make the chant, with food topics included.

Speaking from professional experience I have found it best to keep religion out of the kitchen. But then I'm the one who told them to put "Come taste our Cooter" on the marquis (cooter is southern for turtle BTW.)

Yeah but she's a cereal chanter which goes against the grain; I would prefer a more traditional meat and potatoes approach. I'm sure others would find both philosophies to be red herrings and would claim neither to be good for the sole :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
I think that you should look on every individual, before judgement, but the chantry in whole? Nothing but a piece of sh*t..... I mean let the people think for themselves and don´t order them to do whatever has been written down a long time ago, let them believe what they think and don´t whipe it out, let the mages live free and judge them after they did something.....