What is your opinion of the Chantry...

SpellAndShield

My personal opinion: It is a well executed game feature that covers the depth of feeling and characterization that such an organization would be expected to have. It's a good character background and development tool.

Human Noble PC's opinion: Respectful - The chantry is as much a part of life as eating and sleeping; it's part of what we are.

Mage PC's opinion: Very resentful - Those intrusive meddlesome bastards! If not for the wardens I would be a libertarian.

City Elf PC's opinion: Ok then, whatever - Sin, tithe, pray for forgiveness; repeat ad nausem. As Zeveran so eloquently put it, "The Maker has never told me he minded, why does it bother you?"

Dalish Elf PC's opinion: Humorously disrespectful to apathetic - "A chanter says what?"

I don't play dwarves but if I did they would most likely have an opinion much like the Dalish.

Dwarf Noble PC: apathetic- Paragons of virtue are what people really worship- take Andraste: a paragon if I ever saw one.

Common dwarf PC: "Don't know and don't care."

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate religion, the chantry is a backwards arsed legion of ignorant cheesedicks and I hate them.

Don't sugar-coat it. Tell us how you really feel!

While I would guess that the OP shares your general view, (or the question wouldn't be asked/topic posted) I try to remember that a) you (the player) are SUPPOSED to feel that way, and b) given the overall socio-historical norms represented in the "story", the dominant religious group(s) would be bound to act much as the Chantry does.

In most (RL) societies, throughout most of history, in most of the world, religious leaders (who remember, as Believers, really do think they have "the" answers) frown/stomp heavily on anything that smacks of un-/dis-belief or herasy, and that goes for most "indigenous" spirtitul traditions as well.

Intolerance and unreasoning adherence to systems of beliefs isn't limited to Western religions. Think Orzammar is strict? Try overcoming your Caste in some parts of "modern" India.

I hate religion, the chantry is a backwards arsed legion of ignorant cheesedicks and I hate them.

You can always join Lelianaism, we have shoes, and macaroons and nugs.

I guess that your the leader Rusty? Lead them to beer salvation

Shouldn't that be, "Lead them to salvation beer!"? :laugh:

No as salvation could be both or none. Or maybe a hint of sarcasm .

Rusty you so should change your title after 500 posts to "Beer Baron" or something along that lines.