Bloodstains Be Gone

Sheralynn

alright!

here it is!

seems to work perfect! found a script from an grey warden armor mod that does detection perfectly

dazip - juggernaut set appears during initial module load, you can store them, equip party members or sell the set and they won't keep re-appearing, items only re-appear if destroyed

archive - script file for console, type "runscript give_me_stuff all" without quotes and it'll spawn the loadout into your inventory, archive has .txt file with bit more detail/instructions

Note - the minute the items spawn, the "treasure" quest gets completed automatically heh, not a big deal yeah? confirm everything is all good after testing if you get the chance

enjoy and god bless :]

Edited by veteran_gamer

Thats actually common. The flags are set up so that the quest completes as soon as you have the entire set, regardless of whether you have the quest active, or not. It happens if you buy the set from the Vishala vendor in a mod that I have. Also happens if you use the cheat console to get Sten's sword via cheat console, before gettting his personsal quest.

Nice work Vet! :thumbsup:

haha thanks dwolf, though i am only an copy+paste weekend warrior scripter

yeah i remember that mission...damn its been so long since a real play-through, its in the dalish woods with the were-rats i think

i was going to offer to "clone" the set, just have the model+stats as separate items without the quest references, but figured meh i remember that mission being a bit dull

now i know what you mean by the 1.03 patch making certain mods and scripts act weird, at least we know that this template will do its job righteously without needing a "plot_item_check_flag", its pretty convenient

all in a days work, beers for the house, everyone drink away to your hearts content!

...huh? relax people don't worry about the bill for gods sake, it's on dwolfs tab after all ;]

LOL well, honestly... I thought it was a lot of work for a POS armor, hahaha. Running all around the forest, backtracking, then having to go thru that damned puzzle, I mean. Now granted, I LOVE fighting Revvies solo, so I can't complain about That, hahaha.

Yeah, I wish somebody could figure out what's causing that, so we could write something to bypass or override it, with patch 1.03/awakening, I mean.

Well, you're doing a better job of getting the hang of it than I am. I'm still having issues with getting the hang of their scripts for this.

Hahahaha it might be My tab, but I slipped your debit card while you werent lookin :wink:

O thanks Vet! :smile: This makes it much easier. The toolkit requires some time to learn, even with all the guides, and I just dont have the feel for it. This is perfect.

DW its not about cheating. :no: I am going to make a video for a piece of music (almost 15 min long) using the game. I'm going to record the playthrough, or some parts of it at least. Afterwards I can edit everything into a new story.

If the character uses the same armor from beginning till end then all recorded scenes are interchangeable.

Cutscenes are particularly useful for this but its not always possible to avoid the character from being covered with blood before triggering a cutscene. The blood is a limiting factor.

And that's why I had these two specific requests.

Thanks again! Kudos for both of you. :wub:

Yeah, there's definitely some things about the toolset that they could have made easier to work with, or simplified. Unfortunately, it doesnt do any good to want a scalpel for surgery, when all you've got is a bowie :sad:

Oh I'm not saying that it's cheating :wink: I'm just saying that its a lot of work to go thru in the game, for an armor that could be very much improved. Hahaha I cheat all over the place, like getting my specializations from mods, so that I can go AW much, much earlier in the game :wink:

That should be really cool, hope to see you post your vids!

When its finished I will post it. Patience is in order however. It has to be done by September and knowing myself it will probably not be finished before then. :happy:

But your names will be in the credits! Hows that for something to look forward too! :teehee:

Yes its too bad the toolset isnt more user friendly. If making cutscenes would be easier people (like myself) could really start using a game like this to create animations and short movies. The graphics are definitely good enough and the package comes complete with textures, landscapes, buildings, people etc. So if any of the Bioware people are reading this, people would love to make their own little movies. There's a new whole market just waiting for you! :wink:

awwwww, well Thank You Shera :smile: :thumbsup:

Hahahaha yeah, I know how that goes. There's a lot of projects that I've put on my "todo" list. And procrastinate very heavily (or forget about) and it takes forever for some of them to get finished and worked on, hahahaha.

Indeed there are many aspects about the toolset that really do need to be worked on. But it's not just the toolset. A part of it, is also the way that bioware set up the game to use databasing, rather than just accessing a folder structure like most of the older games do. Where in the old days all you had to do was create a few files, then drop them into such and such folder. Now, with this, you have to pack them up into .erf, create mda files, and all this other crap, just to add new weapons and armor, or whatever.

It's not that mod-friendly, compared to many other games.

As for cutscene creation. I have to keep reminding myself that this particular type of mod is actually creating an animated movie. And that something like that, would always be a lot of work. But at least they have indeed supplied us with animations. Which does save us some work. I know that if I were to try to do something like this in something like say... poser/daz that it would actually be simpler because they have a much better interface. However, it would easily take me 10 times as long as I would probably be making all the character movements and facial expressions, myself.

heh that is very nice of you and you're welcome

but it was mainly a learning experience for me, if i ever see someone having an issue or request that is the same as mine, and know of a solution or possible one i figure might as well share it simultaneously so its a mutual benefit, it also motivated me cause i probably wouldnt have 'solved' this for a week or two otherwise lol

glad it worked and have fun :]