Republic of Dave underutilized?

Turian3

On my first playthrough on fallout 3 I came across a small compound. Curious I went to investigate. It turns out that it is a dictatorship with only a few citizens and most of them are family. Now being the power hungery man I am I wondered why can't I join this group? I had a plan to slowely gain Daves trust and then kill him and control the republic and steer it in a direction I choose. However the limited dialouge options prevented me from doing this. :mad:. So I thought a little more on the topic and thought why weren't factions implemented in Fallout 3? In vanilla Oblivion there was so much to do for guilds and or factions. In fallout 3 you are just a man and you can't become part of any faction. Sorry got a little carried away it just seems like a waste to have something appear to be detailed and mallable and then suddenly realize that a place like the republic could do with some improvments.

On my first playthrough on fallout 3 I came across a small compound. Curious I went to investigate. It turns out that it is a dictatorship with only a few citizens and most of them are family. Now being the power hungery man I am I wondered why can't I join this group? I had a plan to slowely gain Daves trust and then kill him and control the republic and steer it in a direction I choose. However the limited dialouge options prevented me from doing this. :mad:. So I thought a little more on the topic and thought why weren't factions implemented in Fallout 3? In vanilla Oblivion there was so much to do for guilds and or factions. In fallout 3 you are just a man and you can't become part of any faction. Sorry got a little carried away it just seems like a waste to have something appear to be detailed and mallable and then suddenly realize that a place like the republic could do with some improvments.

You can try to make a quest for it ? So you can join the republic of dave and take over it.

Or ask someone else to do it, because this actually sounds nice :P Maybe do it with several places like big town, maybe take over the slave place?

I think I may ask someone to do that. Maybe I am just being picky, but I just hate the thought of wasted potential. Fallout 3 definatly could be much more satirical of politics now don't get me wrong it does do it to a small degree but it definatly could do with more.

• 3 weeks later...

I was visiting the Republic of Dave recently and was also disappointed at the lack of stuff to do there.

Although you can't become a part of it, you can interfere with the ballot box to make someone else the leader, I took out all except Bob's votes and he won the election and went on about changing the name to the Kingdom of Bob or something.

There still wasn't much to do after that so I just killed everyone

• 2 weeks later...
Not that it matter much to Fallout 3 (or does it?) but Fallout New Vegas is going to have a huge faction system letting you become friend or foe with every faction depending on what you do. Kill a raider? Your raider faction score lowers and they treat you worse. Help the citizens of New Vegas? Discounts (I am guessing) and they treat you better. I can't wait myself just for that reason alone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And that's why there is a modding community for Fallout 3. Even now, if you do a search, there are people expanding on the Republic of Dave through mods. Perhaps you would want to help them? There is no reason to voice a complaint....there is only a reason to voice a mod idea.

Why do you think the Oblivion modding community is still going strong? Its because of the modding community itself feeding off one another and expanding what the game can do because of ideas among themselves. If someone looked at my Oblivion game today, they wouldn't recognize it from the Oblivion of the original release.