Is There a Condition to Check Whether a Soul Gem Has Been Charged by a

David Brasher

Is There a Condition to Check Whether a Soul Gem Has Been Charged by a Player? I Want to Have a Quest Where You Get Paid For Each Soul Gem You Charge.

It seems that soul gems do not become more valuable when you charge them. It seems that the game keeps the same form ID for soul gems that you charge on your own. They therefore keep the same value. A precharged petty soul gem will be more valuable than one you charge yourself. In Morrowind I loved to play as an enchanter. I would buy all the soul gems I could, and go out and charge them with the most powerful souls I could find. I could get really rich and had a really good time.

So I would like to figure out a way to make it so you could profit by trapping souls and selling the soul gems that you charged. Is there a condition to test if a soul gem has a soul in it? If not, can anyone think of a good workaround?

That is good to know that someone has figured out how to do something like this. Unfortunately Kvatch rebuilt is a large file, like 50 MB. I have a slow unstable Internet connection and can only capture files that are about 30 MB. Is there anyone who could post the script from that mod or tell me what conditions and commands were used in it?

That is good to know that someone has figured out how to do something like this. Unfortunately Kvatch rebuilt is a large file, like 50 MB. I have a slow unstable Internet connection and can only capture files that are about 30 MB. Is there anyone who could post the script from that mod or tell me what conditions and commands were used in it?

Yes there is the mod I am making uses the same function but it requires OBSE

Its called getsoullevel and it returns the soul level of a gem. Heres a link to the page and all the functions at the bottom that might help you

Is There a Condition to Check Whether a Soul Gem Has Been Charged by a Player? I Want to Have a Quest Where You Get Paid For Each Soul Gem You Charge.

It seems that soul gems do not become more valuable when you charge them. It seems that the game keeps the same form ID for soul gems that you charge on your own. They therefore keep the same value. A precharged petty soul gem will be more valuable than one you charge yourself. In Morrowind I loved to play as an enchanter. I would buy all the soul gems I could, and go out and charge them with the most powerful souls I could find. I could get really rich and had a really good time.

So I would like to figure out a way to make it so you could profit by trapping souls and selling the soul gems that you charged. Is there a condition to test if a soul gem has a soul in it? If not, can anyone think of a good workaround?

One of the features of my mod, Enhanced Economy is that soulgems get repriced when you fill them. They get the same price as the pre-filled of same level/type. I do this by replacing each soulgem with the similar pre-filled one when it gets filled.