Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw not working!

Sonoske

Well when i click on wrye bach launcher.pyw it will not launch. It says that "windows cant open this file beacause windows cant find what opens it" or somthing like that. Anyway i DL the WBASH installer so could that be my problem there? Should i DL the archive one or what? Anyway thanks for your input.

[update]

More not working! Im going of a starter tut i recived yesterday and now my BOMM (BOSS Master List Manager) Will not open. It said extract the files to a folder in your documents tab then open it and switch some settings in it. Well i cant open that now too.

I have windows 7 if that matters

[update]

I guess i need word viewer but still im probly going to have more problems

Well when i click on wrye bach launcher.pyw it will not launch. It says that "windows cant open this file beacause windows cant find what opens it" or somthing like that. Anyway i DL the WBASH installer so could that be my problem there? Should i DL the archive one or what? Anyway thanks for your input.

[update]

More not working! Im going of a starter tut i recived yesterday and now my BOMM (BOSS Master List Manager) Will not open. It said extract the files to a folder in your documents tab then open it and switch some settings in it. Well i cant open that now too.

I have windows 7 if that matters

Did you also download and install wrye python? Wrye bash requires it in order to run.

You only need to install the "02" version.

Ok thats installed and whatnot

my next problem is this tut im using sucks this is what is says and im not getting what im supose to do!

I copyed the bash_default.ini and renamed it to bash.ini but it will say this if you rename it thatway bash.ini.ini

I take ith the i remove all the text inside the bash_default copy and set the path to my mod folder?

This is what it says.

Configure Bash:

Find the "bash_default.ini" in Oblivion\Mopy and copy it

Rename the copy to "bash.ini."

Open the bash.ini

Set "sOblivionMods" to the path to your "Oblivion Mods" folder. Example:

sOblivionMods=D:\Oblivion Mods\

Scroll down and make sure that the paths to other programs are correct. The root folder is the "Oblivion" folder, so paths that do not start with a drive letter (i.e., "C:\" or "D:\") start in the "Oblivion" folder. Example:

someentry=aprogram.exe is the equivalent of someentry=C:\Program Files\BethSoft\Oblivion\aprogram.exe

>> notes: 1) If you followed the instructions above for installing the utilities mentioned above, they are already in the root folder ("Oblivion") so you should not have to change the file paths for those. 2) Do not worry if you see a program in the bash.ini that you do not have installed. Bash ignores apps that it does not find (if they are not installed or if the file path is wrong.)

im running into all kinds of problems :( when i was console modding i figured things out reletivly easy but it almost seem like this is a little more complicated >.< I figured computer mods would be a piece of cake for a console modder :(

• 4 weeks later...
Im having similar issues. It seems that WyreBash is Broken. Im running on Windows 7. I have python 2.5 installed and WyrePython too. I dont even get an error, the program just refuses to run with no obvious error or log.

Im having similar issues. It seems that WyreBash is Broken. Im running on Windows 7. I have python 2.5 installed and WyrePython too. I dont even get an error, the program just refuses to run with no obvious error or log.

Which version of WryeBash? The latest version prefers python 2.6 - and it is strongly recommented that you use the wrye python 02 bundle to install it (along with several other python package requirements).

Which version of WryeBash? The latest version prefers python 2.6 - and it is strongly recommented that you use the wrye python 02 bundle to install it (along with several other python package requirements).

I just updated to 2.6 python and will be upgrading to 02WBPython too. Im having to do a complete reinstall.