Problem with updating Oblivion!!!

Sonoske

I have uninstalled and reinstalled oblivion now when i try to update i get a message and cannot update oblivion. Here is the exact message i get when trying to update "Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match."

Anyone know how to fix this? I also removed all the left over folders for oblivion after the uninstall. So this is coming in fresh like i just got the game. I have thought of a couple of ways to possibly fix it like mayby manual update or updating it to an older version then updating with the new version. If anyone knows whats wrong let me know thanks.

When you uninstall Oblivion using the uninstall provided, it doesn't really uninstall. It just removes the Oblivion.exe, launcher and a few other files. It leaves behind all of the data folder with any corrupt mods. all of your saved games with any bad saves, and several entries in the windows registry that can come back and byte you later.

Here is a link to a procedure that can remove all of this - and keep a backup of saves & mods if you want to. Then completely reinstall, including where to install, how to install, how to patch properly and how to test. Plus a backup clean vanilla install so you don't have to do it again.

Here is a link to my complete uninstall/reinstall procedure located in the articles section of the Nexus

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=240

Cool thanks ill look at it.

Though i hope i dont have to uninstall again! I just finnished installing all the utilities and configured all of them. But i guess ill probly need to since i now cant even launch oblivion with the OBSE Launcher or Vanilla Launcher. It crashes so fast it wont even open. Matter O fact i came here to ask why. But i fear i know what the problem is, its the Update issue i was having is'nt it?

Is there no way to try and get oblivion's update working? Like how can i remove this corrupted update? Ill go and check your link then and see if i can find it there. I spent two hours reinstalling Oblivion and Installing/Configuring all my utilities and plugins for OBSE.

Right Now IM >.<

I hope thers a work around to this.