Im just sick and tired of so many problems!!!

Sonoske

Well mayby ill finaly let the game beat me. I had installed and use oblivion mods before not knowing what i was doing realy and eventualy came across load order problems and mods overlaping each other. So i read up more did a couple more reinstalls and eventualy just finaly got everthing i could possible read up on jammed into my head. I used a good step by step tut to set up all the utilities i need to run oblivion mods. I know that the utilities are installed correctly beacause some would begin to work how they should be. Like when i edit a ini file to move stuff to a different folder it would do it. My OBSE plugins would auto install to the correct folders and bash put bain exactly were it needed to be. So everthing is fine and dandy so i backed it all up before i start putting mods into OBMM.

Now my problem is the Oblivion OBSE Launcher and even the Vanilla Launcher will crash on startup. My cmd screen flashes real quick then gos away like normal and my mouse has an hourglass for 30 seconds and then i get the message saying "Oblivion has stopped working" And windows want to send in an error report or somthing like that. Now this issue i beleve i already know the problem wich i asked why it was happening here (My Other Thread). Basicly the game is probly crashing because of the OBSE plugins. And they will crash if oblivion is not updated with the resent patch. Now if you read my other thread you will know by now that my Oblivion Game will not patch. And i somwhat know why but than again i could be wrong.

So WTF! i now need this fixed yet im not sure if it is possible! One thing i could try if you would be willing to help me out is finding a way to get my game to update. I was thinking maybe an older update will overwrite my damaged one that is not present wich stops me from updating because its suposedly already there. So an old update would be nice if i can be linked to one. Then again i could get an old update and it will still probly do the same thing. Uninstalling Oblivion WILL NOT WORK i have uninstalled 5-6 times and this last time i hunted through folders deleting anything related to oblivion, so i could maybe fix the update thing.

So now my oblivion folder as is sits with no mods, all the required utilities and unplayable!

So can somone please figure out what in the world is wrong!

>.< >.< >.<

Your having a ctd on startup, a very common problem.

First, try to run your game with no mods (from what I understand you already did that)

Patch your game to the latest version - if you have SI installed make sure you get the SI update instead of the normal one

I recommend installing the UOPs (unofficial patches) - I would post a link but Im not on my own computer and internet is too slow

If you don't have wrye bash yet, get it - it solves most problems like these.

I also recommend OBMM.

If patching and wyre bash doesn't work, please tell us what programs you are using and please post your load order

Now my problem is the Oblivion OBSE Launcher and even the Vanilla Launcher will crash on startup. My cmd screen flashes real quick then gos away like normal and my mouse has an hourglass for 30 seconds and then i get the message saying "Oblivion has stopped working" And windows want to send in an error report or somthing like that. Now this issue i beleve i already know the problem wich i asked why it was happening here (My Other Thread). Basicly the game is probly crashing because of the OBSE plugins. And they will crash if oblivion is not updated with the resent patch. Now if you read my other thread you will know by now that my Oblivion Game will not patch. And i somwhat know why but than again i could be wrong.

So WTF! i now need this fixed yet im not sure if it is possible! One thing i could try if you would be willing to help me out is finding a way to get my game to update. I was thinking maybe an older update will overwrite my damaged one that is not present wich stops me from updating because its suposedly already there. So an old update would be nice if i can be linked to one. Then again i could get an old update and it will still probly do the same thing. Uninstalling Oblivion WILL NOT WORK i have uninstalled 5-6 times and this last time i hunted through folders deleting anything related to oblivion, so i could maybe fix the update thing.

So now my oblivion folder as is sits with no mods, all the required utilities and unplayable!

From your other thread you said:

Added Information if needed!

I am running Windows 7 and all my oblivion files are in program files (x86)

This leads me to believe that your Oblivion is not "damaged" - you are just running into the Win7/Vista UAC issue. You could turn off UAC just while you install the patch, all mods, and organize your load order - and then remember to turn it on again - or else you can uninstall Oblivion and install it again in some directory that is not under \Program Files (x86). Many people use c:\games\oblivion. The basic situation is that your operating system is protecting you from oblivion updates and mods because oblivion is in one of Windows "special" directories.

Your having a ctd on startup, a very common problem.

First, try to run your game with no mods (from what I understand you already did that)

Patch your game to the latest version - if you have SI installed make sure you get the SI update instead of the normal one

I recommend installing the UOPs (unofficial patches) - I would post a link but Im not on my own computer and internet is too slow

If you don't have wrye bash yet, get it - it solves most problems like these.

I also recommend OBMM.

If patching and wyre bash doesn't work, please tell us what programs you are using and please post your load order

1. The game wont patch. (remind me what SI is again? im sure i dont have it from what i understand)

2. I have the unoffical patches, all are installed. Problem is still there.

3. I have Wrye Prthon (and all things extra it installs), PyFF,Wrye Bash, OBMM, BOSS, BOMM TES IV Stuff (Like Gecko ect) everthing is installed correctly, the problem from what i can guess is that when i uninstalled it the game left part of the old patch corrupt ther for i cannot add the patch again. And the game will crash if its not updated beacause if the OBSE plugins. If i remove the plugins that would do me any good beacuse if the game still cant be updated then i cant use the majorety of mods out there.

4. I dont have ANY mods besides the utilities.

So what seem to be the problem now?

From your other thread you said:

Added Information if needed!

I am running Windows 7 and all my oblivion files are in program files (x86)

This leads me to believe that your Oblivion is not "damaged" - you are just running into the Win7/Vista UAC issue. You could turn off UAC just while you install the patch, all mods, and organize your load order - and then remember to turn it on again - or else you can uninstall Oblivion and install it again in some directory that is not under \Program Files (x86). Many people use c:\games\oblivion. The basic situation is that your operating system is protecting you from oblivion updates and mods because oblivion is in one of Windows "special" directories.

My UAC has been turned off for awile now. I need some things dissabled when console modding the xbox 350 games and HDD. So UAC is not the problem. I have backups but i would realy hate to reinstall oblivion to a different directory. Can i move the entire file somewere else? Then again if theres ini files that have destinations i guess they wont work.

I will use that as a last resort. Any other ideas?

Well i have tweaked some different things and whatnot and i cant get it to fix. So what im going to do is run a complete uninstall. Then follow this tut i was sent to remove every aspect of Oblivion. Then ill install a brand new vanilla version of it and i can see if it will update. however if it will not update then i will post here again letting you know whats going on. I will also install it to a different directory instead of Program Files (x86)

Wish me luck

Installing outside of that directory should help tremendously. Also, I have finally returned home, so I will be available at more reasonable hours of the day. I have a few other projects to take care of, but, for the next couple of weeks, my focus will be revamping my site. In other words, I'll be at my computer (my real computer.)