Naked guards ?!

Aranox

Hi ,

Ive got to say I have a really idiotic problem :p

all the guards ingame ( or almost all , just played to ostagar till now ) are naked ...

I played through the game multiple times before and this never happened

maybe someone can tell me what happened , cause this really ruins my "fun" :p although seeing feeble naked warrior is something to be laughing about

I have multiple mods installed , but most of them stayed the same since the last time

thanks for your time :p

Do you have the Natural bodies installed? That would be what I am guessing is making them nude. That mod changes the nude model for all characters throughout the game, not just the romance scenes. Sounds like if not Natural bodies, you may have a armor mod conflict going on causing the armor not to load properly.

EDIT: Just remembered something I've read on several other boards. Do you have Improved Atmosphere installed? I've also read in several places that there are mod conflicts with it, and some concerning armor mods.

Well I do have natural bodies installed , but I wouldnt see how that could be the problem ... since they only change the characters meshes , not the armor meshes so that they wouldnt show up ...

I havent gotten any new armor mods , only the ones I used for a long time ( yea I have a shitload of mods , I dont know all their names anymore )

I also cleaned my override folder and reinstalled all the override stuff I really wanted in it , and the guards remain naked

thanks for the help though , but I fail to see where NB would make problems ...

ps: I have the bought version of DA and Awakening as well , both installed , but I used awakening even before the problem and I doubt its the cause of the problem as well , I have version 1.03 or 1.3 dont know exactly which of the two it was again , but its the latest version .

Well ... none that really change armor .... only those that add armors, I also have JBtextures which works on armor textures , but I had that for a long time as well

This happened to me for another npc. The issue was, iirc, to do with path depth, the game only reads 3 folders deep from within the override directory. So, if the armor files referenced by the creature are stored within a bunch of nested subfolders, they won't be found by the game and the character ends up nude. Any affected npcs are stuck that way until you remedy the situation inside the override folder and reloaded a save prior to entering that area. That's what fixed it for me anyway.

Thx for the help :) I just reinstalled the game because there were some other bugs , and it works fine again :)