Oblivion Updating problems! and Crashing!

Sonoske

Ok im fed up with this. I have posted two other threads and yet nothing will work correctly. The community has given me all kinds of help yet none of it seems to work and no one has realy adressed my problem. Oblivion Will not update! And if it cant update it will not be able to play any mods or use utilities. Im going to paist what my other two threads talked about here so you dont have to click the link and jump in between threads. Also if you want to view the replys heres the links th the thread Clicky

First Thread:

I have uninstalled and reinstalled oblivion now when i try to update i get a message and cannot update oblivion. Here is the exact message i get when trying to update "Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match."

Anyone know how to fix this? I also removed all the left over folders for oblivion after the uninstall. So this is coming in fresh like i just got the game. I have thought of a couple of ways to possibly fix it like mayby manual update or updating it to an older version then updating with the new version. If anyone knows whats wrong let me know thanks.

Second Thread:

Well mayby ill finaly let the game beat me. I had installed and use oblivion mods before not knowing what i was doing realy and eventualy came across load order problems and mods overlaping each other. So i read up more did a couple more reinstalls and eventualy just finaly got everthing i could possible read up on jammed into my head. I used a good step by step tut to set up all the utilities i need to run oblivion mods. I know that the utilities are installed correctly beacause some would begin to work how they should be. Like when i edit a ini file to move stuff to a different folder it would do it. My OBSE plugins would auto install to the correct folders and bash put bain exactly were it needed to be. So everthing is fine and dandy so i backed it all up before i start putting mods into OBMM.

Now my problem is the Oblivion OBSE Launcher and even the Vanilla Launcher will crash on startup. My cmd screen flashes real quick then gos away like normal and my mouse has an hourglass for 30 seconds and then i get the message saying "Oblivion has stopped working" And windows want to send in an error report or somthing like that. Now this issue i beleve i already know the problem wich i asked why it was happening here (My Other Thread). Basicly the game is probly crashing because of the OBSE plugins. And they will crash if oblivion is not updated with the resent patch. Now if you read my other thread you will know by now that my Oblivion Game will not patch. And i somwhat know why but than again i could be wrong.

So WTF! i now need this fixed yet im not sure if it is possible! One thing i could try if you would be willing to help me out is finding a way to get my game to update. I was thinking maybe an older update will overwrite my damaged one that is not present wich stops me from updating because its suposedly already there. So an old update would be nice if i can be linked to one. Then again i could get an old update and it will still probly do the same thing. Uninstalling Oblivion WILL NOT WORK i have uninstalled 5-6 times and this last time i hunted through folders deleting anything related to oblivion, so i could maybe fix the update thing.

So now my oblivion folder as is sits with no mods, all the required utilities and unplayable!

So can somone please figure out what in the world is wrong!

Now i have done all kinds of thing to try and fix this issue. I did a complete uninstall and removed all oblivion files from my Program Fils (x86), Documents/Games and registry stuff. I have UAC Disabled along with other things. I had the same problem with all the utilities needed BASH, Python, PYFF, OBMM, OBSE, BOSS, BOMM, TESIV Gecko and other related TESIV Utilities. Every Utility was installed corectly and configured corectly. And lastly no additional mods were added. As well as that my Complete Vanilla Version of Oblivion did the same thing while installed to the Program Files (x86) Directory. Now it is installed in C:\Games\Oblivion\ and i am getting the same problem. The install in my games directory is also vanilla.

Now when i first installed oblivion it let me update it to the newest version. Then i uninstalled it beacuse of corrupt mods and i didnt have any utilities. Ever since then i have had this problem. So my only guess to what i need to do is these. 1. Some how manual install the update (dont even know if possible). 2. Possible use a different update like an older version to overwrite whatever is stoping my file from updating, then updating to the newest version. If thos wont work then i dont know what will and mayby you can try and figure out why this wont work. Like i said the game updated before but now wont.

I am using Windows 7

Could you please stick to one thread? It is hard to figure out what your current status is, and all of the threads seem to indicate that you are restarting. Send me a PM with a link to the latest thread, please. I can take a few hours to walk you through the entire process tomorrow or something...