Need help setting up and installing utilities!

Sonoske

Ok when i had the update issue (wich is now fixed) I had all my utilities running and working correctly. Now i have the game updated and am going through a setup tut that i used last time. since i installed my oblivion gmae into C:\Games\Oblivion i am having problems. One problem is i cant edit BOMMs masterlist.txt to the new directory. The next problem is Wrye Bash will not Open! I have Wrye Python and PyFF along with tons of others for python, anyway it will not launch so i cannot get to the next step in my tut. I have been trying to get things working for 5 days now and i keep coming across problems! Now that i have all the programs i need and have oblivion installed to its own directory i am having problems with the utilities! My last major problem was when i had oblivion installed to C:\Program Files (x86) i had an update problem wich is now fixed. Now i have been told to install oblivion to its own directory and so i did. And now i get new problems all over again. I pretty sure if i would have reinstalled oblivion to the x86 directory it would have worked fine since i worked out all the kinks i had there. Now its like dejavu and i need help with the C:\Games\Oblivion directory and why my stupid utilites will not work!

You have no idea how much a pain in the ass this has been. 5 days of hell with only half the help from the community! If there are any BRAND NEW TUTs With links to all the Program Utilites i need and one that realy speaks in depth of how to set all of them up id be gratfull if you would post a link to it or just help me set them up. The tut im using works but some of the steps contridicts itself. like Install Bas,h TES4 TESGecko to your utilities folder bla bla bla then the next step says install bash to your oblivion folder WTF

First of all, stick to one thread. Secondly, read the Read Mes. You are bordering on rude with some of your comments. BOMM is a word document. You need Word 2003 or later. It sounds like you did not read the instructions included with the file. Editing a word document should be as simple as clicking in a data cell and typing. You need to reinstall your utilities after moving the Oblivion folder, and the reason it was suggested for you to move the Oblivion installation is because it is hard to get many things to work in the default folder. You were not successful setting up Oblivion in that folder either.

You overgeneralize the problems with that guide, and pointing the issues out to me would be more helpful to me and other users than simply complaining about them. Another user had trouble with the step you mentioned, and that page has since been updated. You should read it again.

As I said before, let me know where you have difficulty. I cannot help you if you do not say anything, and finding out like this is not exactly pleasant.

Edit: If you do not want to spend another 5 days trying to figure this out, let us help you. Lastly, BOMM does not have a masterlist.txt directory.

First of all, stick to one thread. Secondly, read the Read Mes. You are bordering on rude with some of your comments. BOMM is a word document. You need Word 2003 or later. It sounds like you did not read the instructions included with the file. Editing a word document should be as simple as clicking in a data cell and typing. You need to reinstall your utilities after moving the Oblivion folder, and the reason it was suggested for you to move the Oblivion installation is because it is hard to get many things to work in the default folder. You were not successful setting up Oblivion in that folder either.

You overgeneralize the problems with that guide, and pointing the issues out to me would be more helpful to me and other users than simply complaining about them. Another user had trouble with the step you mentioned, and that page has since been updated. You should read it again.

As I said before, let me know where you have difficulty. I cannot help you if you do not say anything, and finding out like this is not exactly pleasant.

Edit: If you do not want to spend another 5 days trying to figure this out, let us help you. Lastly, BOMM does not have a masterlist.txt directory.

I have been trying not to be rude but problem after problem keeps coming up and its verry frustrating. When i installed my utilities in the x86 were oblivion was installed every utility would start up and run. I was able to configure everthing just fine and didnt need to edit the path to the masterlist.txt in BOMM. Heres what the tutorial said.

"Install BOMM:

Create a folder in your documents folder for Microsoft Word macros, and drop the BOMM archive in it.

Extract the BOMM archive there

Open the BOMM file

At the top, the very first line, correct the path to your masterlist.txt file (located in your Data folder.)

Create a shortcut to the BOMM file:

Right-clicking on and choose copy

Right-click on the desktop or quick launch bar and choose "paste shortcut"

Before completing the configuration, copy the path to your BOMM file (not including the file name itself, just to the folder)

Scroll down to the "Installation" section in order to configure Microsoft Word for your BOMM configuration.

Close BOMM"

Now i cannot edit and correct the path to masterlist.txt beacause when i try to nothing happens. If i press backspace or delete nothing will delete the text stays the same. I used microsoft word viewer to open the .doc file and that was one reson i could not edit it. So when i tryed opening it in wordpad or MS Works it will open and let me edit the files but it changes the .doc to .docx if that matters also it would say that it cannot display all the stuff that was originaly on in that doc, wich i beleve was the buttons at the top of the page. Also the part were it says "Before completing the configuration, copy the path to your BOMM file (not including the file name itself, just to the folder) Scroll down to the "Installation" section in order to configure Microsoft Word for your BOMM configuration."

what installation are you refering to? i did not see it in the document or the programs im using. That why i asked what program am i suppose to use to open and edit the BOMM.doc.

Now when i said that the tut contridicts itself this is what i meant "To install TES4Edit, TES4Files, TES4Gecko, TES4LODGen, Wrye Bash:

Create a new folder "Utilities" in the Oblivion folder

Extract them there using 7-zip's "extract here" function

Inside the Utilities folder, rename the TES4Gecko folder "TES4Gecko"

Extract Wrye Bash in the Oblivion folder.

Do you see were it tells me to extract them all to the utilities folder then tells me in the next step to extract Bash to the oblivion folder. So i put bash in the oblivion folder then i could not run bash to configure BAIN.

Also when i installed bash the first time i didnt use the archive version mentiond in the tut. I used a version that ran me through an install wizzard.

I have also DL all of the utilites listed here exept for the TESCS wich would not DL due to an error on TESNEXUS. This is the list of all the things i downloaded and installed including everthing that was crossed out.

Recommended Utilities:

7-zip - many mods are packaged in .7z archives, and this tool is fast and free

Better Oblivion Sorting Software (BOSS)

BOSS Masterlist Manager (BOMM)

Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE), Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package

Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM) (executable version)

TES4Edit

The Elderscrolls Construction Set (TESCS)

TES4LODGen

Wrye Bash (archive version) and the Wrye Python 02 package

wxpython 2.8.10.1 ansi , ComTypes, psyco 1.6 for Python 2.6, PyWin32 for Python 2.6

>> notes: 1) Make sure the version of ComTypes you download supports Python 2.6. 2) Some users have reported that using Python 2.6.5 works as well.

I used all the links in that page to DL the utilites.

Lastly i have not checked your updated version.

[Edit] Oh and when i asked about the masterlist.txt directory i meant path.

BOMM will only work with Microsoft Word 2003 or later. I do not know that it will work with any program other than MSWord. I know about the step where the location in which you need to install Bash was not clear. That has been changed. Also, you should install the archive version. You need to tell me where you deviated from the guide because that changes things. Did you install the archive version after using the installer? All you need to do is extract it into the Oblivion folder and allow it to overrride everything.

I need to leave for a moment, but when I get back, I will be able to answer any questions you have while going through that guide. It does not mention launching the game until the end. Keep that in mind as well.

BOMM will only work with Microsoft Word 2003 or later. I do not know that it will work with any program other than MSWord. I know about the step where the location in which you need to install Bash was not clear. That has been changed. Also, you should install the archive version. You need to tell me where you deviated from the guide because that changes things. Did you install the archive version after using the installer? All you need to do is extract it into the Oblivion folder and allow it to overrride everything.

I need to leave for a moment, but when I get back, I will be able to answer any questions you have while going through that guide. It does not mention launching the game until the end. Keep that in mind as well.

Ok then i will view your guide again since you have updated it. I will follow the instructions as far as i can.

Ok then i will view your guide again since you have updated it. I will follow the instructions as far as i can.

Befor i start your guid, what is the MSWord called exactly when i go to DL it? I have serached the net and i get MS Office Word Or MS Word Viewer and some of this crap says i got t buy it. It ranges from 39$to 200$+ Also i may have it already on my computer but im not sure. I got MS Office 2007 i beleve

If you have Office 2007, you have Microsoft Word. BOMM is not a requirement, although it is helpful. I can help you with that later, when you get to Finishing the Installation.

I finnished the BOMM instalation. I am now configuring bash. This time it openend :) I am going to continue going through the instaltion tut and see how far i can go.

NOTE: This time i kept programs to a minimum things like pyff, tes4gecko and the obse plugins and others i will leave out for now.

Leaving out PyFFI and TES4Gecko is fine. That's why I have various warning on that page relevant to experience level. However, you should install OBSE and the recommended plugins (i.e., Fast Exit and Elys' USV.) Those plugins are suggested for compatibility and other reasons. I can help you install those pretty easily. It is only a matter of extracting them to the right place. You should be fine following the instructions on that page.

Let me know whenever you have difficulty.

- Tomlong54210